Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Andy but using an old nick-name for my user name. I have been lurking for about 2 weeks now reading up as much as i can on the Q5 as I've place an order on a showroom car which will be made available to me when its replacement arrives, hopefully the end of this month.

Ive owned just about every 4x4, SUV or whatever you want to call them thats hit the market over the last 15 years. Even though I've had a Q7, awaiting the delivery of the Q5 has me the most excited of all the cars. I love diesel engines and the more powerful the better. The Touareg V10 and my current Touareg V8tdi are assume motors but my personal favourite to date has been the twin turbo 3.0sd in the BMW X3. Chipped to 360 bhp it was just rapid. I owned that car for nearly 4 years (longest ever) and for some reason i don't understand myself i sold it for the Touareg V8tdi

After 4 months the Touareg is going to be replaced by the new SQ5 which having test driven I am sure will be an X3+

Looking forward to reading all your "owner comments" and leaving some of my own.

Cheers

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've got a mate nicknamed Wilf. He had 2 brothers, who were also 'Wilfs' (or is 'Wilves the correct plural), the eldest being an Andy but I don't recall him being a SUV aficionado like you

What colour and options has your SQ5 got?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I test drove the X3 twin turbo TDI and its defo no where near up to the SQ5 standards. In just about every department tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Welcome Wilf/Andy - I wonder where in the Midlands you are?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good Morning Wilf, you have made a good choice, your doing well to be able to drive away a showroom SQ5 by the end of may!! , you must have struck a good deal.. as John said where abouts are you located, what spec and colour have you got coming ?
Cheers Merlin

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi chaps,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Im in Lutterworth which is just south of Leicester.

I sent a round robin email to every Audi dealer within a 150 mile radius asking if anyone had a non allocated SQ5 available. I had already been told a factory fresh one to my spec would be 6-9 months away depending on which dealer i asked.

I found 4 which were available between now and mid July. The earliest one, the one i opted for was almost perfect in so much as the colour (white) wheels (21") and leather (black red) and advance key so I test drove it and was sold. No deals on any of the cars other than £850 Audi promotion. Its also got the sunroof, tech pack high, heated front seats, privacy glass, memory seats, Bose etc but i wouldn't have ticked a few of those option boxes had i built it myself. The old Q7 was an ex demo and loaded to the hilt, lost big time at trade in on that. The X3 was just simple with its heated leather seats and sat nav, a great motor.

I looked for the new X3 in sd form but didn't want to be disappointed if it wasn't the same if you know what i mean. Im not happy with the Touareg V8 because its just not got the caricature of the old V10. Like the Q7 its got every gadget know to man but i use non of it!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Wilf, good spec you have there, sounds like you dropped lucky if its as near as possible to what you would have liked, good options-mines due from factory in around two weeks, i do love the advanced key and pan roof options-for me those two are well worth waiting for !, im sure the 21" wheels look great too Jose has a similar looking car.

All the best Merlin, i am located in Shropshire so opposite end of the Midlands really, John is down in WarWick so not far away..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi Wilf, good spec you have there, sounds like you dropped lucky if its as near as possible to what you would have liked, good options-mines due from factory in around two weeks, i do love the advanced key and pan roof options-for me those two are well worth waiting for !, im sure the 21" wheels look great too Jose has a similar looking car.

All the best Merlin, i am located in Shropshire so opposite end of the Midlands really, John is down in WarWick so not far away..
Jeez Merlin what a speck you've got coming, was there any option boxes you didn't tick? Hope you got a good discount on that motor. Out of the £7.5K worth of extras fitted to mine I think I would have only specked £3-3.5K's worth. Without any joke I bet the money I've lost on specked up cars over the years would easily have paid for this SQ5!

I couldn't believe that the first reply saying they had an available SQ5 had the colour combo and options I wanted. Having got the auto boot lid on the Touareg I would have liked that again although it was on the Q7 and i never missed it when that went?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Wilf
Vindis Northampton have one build week 27. I know for sure as I cancelled mine with them this afternoon after reading reviews on pricing here.
I placed an order with another dealer yesterday and it will be 5 weeks later delivery but saving over 4K.
If I have to wait until September for 4k I dont mind waiting a tad longer.
Don't expect a good deal however from Northampton.
Drive the deal quoting late September early October delivery also so not in short supply just yet!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Wilf yes it is a big spec, funny thing is i only got a grand off list price, That car is costing me 51K !! - it should be on its way across the water as we speak, Although i have had probably half a dozen brand new cars i've never actually specced,ordered and waited this long for one before so really looking forward to it, i have had 2 previous 3 ltr s-lines Q5's so know what they are all about hopefully this one will be in a different league.

I am a sub contractor and do a massive amount of work for my local dealer so even thou i could of got a better deal else where it probably would have bit me in the arse in the long term !!, i will have to try and keep this a couple of years to benifit from the extra's otherwise someone else will at my expense!!

will keep you posted and post pictures when it finally lands, looking to be around first week in June..

All the best Merlin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts