Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the final stages of research before I place an order for a new Q5 - test drive completed, initial discussion with local dealer etc. I just can't decide on final colour selection, and change my mind almost daily!!! Have narrowed it down to Glacier White, Scuba Blue or Daytona Grey - think Scuba is the front runner, but have not been able to see one in the flesh (but impressed by photos I have seen on web). Other specs (also to be finalised);

Q5 - 2.0 TDI S Line Plus S Tronic
Off Road Alloys
Heated Front Seats
Hill Hold Assist

Can't decide if I should add folding mirrors?? Any thoughts on colour selection or extras appreciated.

However my main question - have only had initial discussion with local dealer (Glasgow Audi) - however have had a quote from Orange Wheels which is over £4,000 less than initial quote from local dealer. Has anyone had any dealings with Orange Wheels - if so can you recommend them, if not any other sites anyone can recommend. I would prefer to deal with local dealer and will give them the chance to review quote - but can't look past that sort of discount!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Interior light pack.....must have....Scuba Blue is nice....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Folding mirrors... yes yes yes!

I understand Orange wheels and Drive the Deal are reliable and 10% is realistic.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
12% is np from drivethedeal. well established and they supply you from an UK audi dealer.
Dealers make 14% on a base car and upto 3-4% extra based on volumes/incentives.

Tell them you want a better deal or you'll walk.

agree light pack, mirrors, not bothered car is so high up its not really an issue
Glacier or Daytona

·
Registered
202 Posts
have a look at autoebid website
gets some good reviews - auction style bid for your business.
saying that however i just bought mine from Glasgow Audi

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses - think I will add the light pack and folding mirrors. Still can't decide on colour!!

If anyone has experience of Orange Wheels or Drive the Deal then how do order lead times compare to those of local dealers - assume if they both use uk dealers then shouldn't be any different?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've used autoebid, ordered 15th February and expecting delivery mid April, build week 14 I think. I think this completely depends on the dealer you're put through to though. However, autoebid does have certain criteria whereby the bidders (dealers) must conform with, one of which is they must be able to deliver within 1 to 12 weeks (for the q5)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used Orange Wheels 2 years ago. Excellent experience. I called them they then got the AUDI dealer to call me back and put the order direct with the dealer. The dealer was Leeds AUDI. I dealt only with the dealer from then onwards and all the paperwork was AUDI Leeds. I live in the south and my local dealers could get nowhere hear the discount I received via Orange Wheels. My deliverey time was exactly the same as if I had used the local dealer. I was just a customer of AUDI Leeds whom I believe pay a commission to Orange Wheels. My experience was first class with AUDI Leeds as well.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A great help thanks - gives me confidence that I can get the right discount I am looking for, along with great service.

Now if I could only decide on a colour - think I have gone full circle and now between Daytona Grey and the Ice Silver - then finalise discount and extra toys (to spend some of the discount).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently taken delivery of a new Q5
, I tried various brokers including Drive the Deal and AutoeBid. I went with Car File (http://www.carfile.net/) as they were cheaper and achieved a much better delivery timescale. As with most brokers Car File just pass you onto the dealer, all dealings and transactions are done via the dealer.

This is the second car I've purchased through Car File and cannot fault them. Given Jonathan a ring and see what he can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts