Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening all....

Please can some one help me out I can't find any answer to this. On my previous VW it was so easy to do.
Audi Advance Smart Key. Battery dead, replaced it now it flashes but does nothing.

I have searched the forums (on here) but couldnt find a solution for syncing it back up.

One key works fine just need to get this other working. Since i have just picked it up I thought i had the wrongs keys given, but the key from in side it opens and locks the doors ;-). Just the key fob was dead, replaced the battery and as said it now flashes but does nothing else.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
289 Posts
You say the keyfob is dead. What exactly does not work? Is it just the buttons on the fob or is it more? Can you start the engine for example? Have you tried putting the key into the keyholder in the car to re-synchronise. This apparently often works. Several threads on this topic on the more broad based VW Audi forum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply...it didnt work

Key did nothing, replaced the battery with a new one and it flashes red when pressing any buttons. Manual key inside it unlocks and locks the drivers door. Put the key in the dash and gentley pushed in and the holder doesnt grab the key and it does nothing on the dash i.e. MMI on or move to stage 2 and let me start the car.

I have advance key on my car and with the dead key in the dash i have pressed the start/stop button to get the car on, I have the working key in other hand and the car starts. Did this a couple of times and the faulty key has not sync'd up in any way.

Thanks
Simon

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Everything I can see online suggests the latest keys require a dealer to reprogram it for you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Everything I can see online suggests the latest keys require a dealer to reprogram it for you...

That would pi55 me off having to take it to the stealers if it needed reprogramming just because the battery had gone! Rechargeable fobs have been around for years so why couldn't Audi build this into the advance key, just plug in the dash once a month when going on a long drive say

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I agree, BMW is the same. Normal key charged in the socket, keyless was not...

·
Registered
289 Posts
My understanding is that a green led should flash on the advanced key if it's working. Sadly I think Jose is correct and it's a trip to the Dealer. I am sure it won't cost much to sort out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts