Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas, newbie here from HK,

I picked up my 2.0T Q5 in April 2010, and since then I've had 30+ defects. Took it to the dealer 4 times, they either claims they've fixed the problems or they couldn't find them. They actually blame some of the recurring problems to the weather and conditions?!?! WTF?!?!

Anyway, I've asked for a replacement but they're only willing to buy my car at normal market value (meaning I'll lose 20%+)

Does anyone know who or where else I could contact?

thanks
E

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey fellas, newbie here from HK,

I picked up my 2.0T Q5 in April 2010, and since then I've had 30+ defects. Took it to the dealer 4 times, they either claims they've fixed the problems or they couldn't find them. They actually blame some of the recurring problems to the weather and conditions?!?! WTF?!?!

Anyway, I've asked for a replacement but they're only willing to buy my car at normal market value (meaning I'll lose 20%+)

Does anyone know who or where else I could contact?

thanks
E
Hi eQ5

Welcome to the Forums

Could you be a bit more clear on these issues you had? If they are minor matters like rattle or alignments that need to be done or fuel/oil consumption matters that requires engine breaking in - then it's unlikely Audi UK will be able to help.

Did you contact Audi C/S What did they say?

The Q5 is in high demand, i fail to see how they could offer 20% below MV when the few used examples in forecourts are selling at almost their prices when new. Did you try selling to another dealer?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm not sure Audi UK will be much help. I beleive the OP is based in Hong Kong.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi eQ5

Welcome to the Forums

Could you be a bit more clear on these issues you had? If they are minor matters like rattle or alignments that need to be done or fuel/oil consumption matters that requires engine breaking in - then it's unlikely Audi UK will be able to help.

Did you contact Audi C/S What did they say?

The Q5 is in high demand, i fail to see how they could offer 20% below MV when the few used examples in forecourts are selling at almost their prices when new. Did you try selling to another dealer?
hey, it would be a 10 page essay if I have to go through what'd happened. In short, my list of problems began the 2nd day I picked up my car from the dealership

the 32 problems range from ...
- mechanical defects, where parts had to be replaced (trunk release, windows, sideview mirrors and etc)
- lubricants, where they had to tear down my entire steering wheel column to get rid of the annoying noise when I turn my wheel (they've fixed it 3 times now, the noise comes back after a while). and other things
- computer programming, they've reset my transmission (for some reason, it won't go to D6, D7 everytime), driver seat memory (mirror keeps going to the wrong place), seat belt (stupid thing told me to buckle up a bag of diapers, a bottle of coke, a role of bread...)
- cosmetics, misfit items
- brakes squeaks on downhill, they told me it's normal, I showed them on the merc, bmw and toyota and none of them had it, so they fixed the problem, but it came back, they then blamed the rain, so I asked them should I store my Q5 and never drive it.

unlike other places, HK really only have one authorized dealership, and they are tools...
while they were very polite, they simply don't have the professionalism.
just to name a few...
1. first time I drop my car off, they didn't call me for 3 days, so I finally called them, they tell me it'll take another 3 days, then 5 minutes after the call, I get a call saying my car is ready for pick up.
2. they also send me a repair quotation, which is not mine... it's a quotation for a repair on a R8, the owner's name is foreign, I'm Chinese.
3. My trunk was refusing to close, so I called and guest what, they ask me to drive my car to them, I'm like, "ah... my trunk won't close and you want me to drive the car?"
4. My brakes (see above), they first tell me it's normal, I talked to them a little more and they fixed the problem for 2 weeks, then it comes back, they then explain to me it's the brake dust, the moist got into the brakes and etc. I'm like, maybe I should keep my car in the parking lot and never drive it.
5. On my third drop off, they called me to go pick up my car, and when I arrive, they explain to me that my car is not fixed yet.
6. After realizing my number of problems, one rep says to me that I don't have to bring my car in every time it has a problem?! WTF?! I've been dropped my car off 3 times with 32 problems, how is that "every time"?
and more, but you get the idea...

I've actually wrote a letter to Audi AG (their head office) about 4 months ago, but all they did was passing it back to Audi HK. So the dealer sat down with me, I've asked for a refund or replacement, but they'll only offer me a one year extension on the warranty. But problems with the car keep on coming, so they finally offer me to buy the car back at their maximum trade-in price. Which is 20% less then a new car.

pardon the typo, I'm just mumbling away with my problems... anyway, I could just sell my car (where I'll get slightly better than losing 20%), but I don't think it's fair, it's like yeah you bought a piece of dump, but there's nothing you can do about it...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Brakes squeaking is normal for sure.
I've had it on every Audi for the last 6 years (9 cars inc S and RS models.) and it drive me mad.
I'ts due to the materials used in the pads and the dust build up. Audi do have a published TSB on the subject.

Jet wash the calipers and it fixes it short term.
Also depends on the type of driving you do.

Does it not give you a number to call on the HK website?
They are the importer, so you need to get to the head of CS for HK.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think I'd be seeking legal advice if I were you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brakes squeaking is normal for sure.
I've had it on every Audi for the last 6 years (9 cars inc S and RS models.) and it drive me mad.
I'ts due to the materials used in the pads and the dust build up. Audi do have a published TSB on the subject.

Jet wash the calipers and it fixes it short term.
Also depends on the type of driving you do.

Does it not give you a number to call on the HK website?
They are the importer, so you need to get to the head of CS for HK.
that's a little re-assurance, thanks.

I did ask the dealer whether I can pay for a different type of pads to eliminate the problems, they "assured" me it's normal on all cars (which is bull) and no pads will do the trick.

I've actually driven a few Audi's too... A4, A5, A6, yeah some of them have similar issues, but it wasn't as bad as my Q5...

if you've ever been to HK, it's all CBD, which is embarrassing cuz everytime I stop the noise is so loud half the street would stare and try to find the truck...

their CS contacted the head of servicing who promised me he'll get to the bottom of it, then said there's nothing he could do, so he transferred my case to the head of sales, who said there's nothing they can do, so he transferred it back to service, THUS the one year extended warranty, but with additional problems since, he sent it back to sales, THUS the 20% buy back...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I'd be seeking legal advice if I were you.
first thing the sales told me is that there is "no" lemon law in Hong Kong.

and since I purchased the car under my company name. the Hong Kong Government Consumer Council can't help either.

I just want to reach someone else in Audi aside the dealer in HK

·
Registered
963 Posts
I lived in HK 1982-84. Hired a car once........never again

Taxi and the MTR were more efficient. Can't immagine it's got any better since then

1 - 10 of 10 Posts