Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve had my 58 plate 3.0 V6 Auto Q5 for about six months now, it has full service history and done about 100K miles.

Over the last few days, randomly, when I pull up at a junction the car stall on me. I have noticed that just before it does this, when the car slows to a halt and the revs drop just before they hit idle, the car gives a little "blip" and the rev counter flickers and then it stalls. When it stalls, its a proper keys out and restart and not to be confused with modern stop/start as I don`t have that feature.

Googling has indicated that the clutch may not be dis=engaging properly, or mechatronics on its way out - if this does sound likely, then is there anything I can do myself for diagnosis, where and how do you get to said unit and any heads up for changing it myself? Does box come out etc etc.

All I can find are threads about 2nd and 3rd mortgages when it happens, but nothing useful about what actually needs doing. I`m fairly good with spanners and happy to tackle just about anything - problem is that I`m not sure where to start.

Any pointers please?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will also add that gearchanges have been relatively smooth throughout the range and at all speeds - car runs sweet

Have connected VCDS and not found anything in there either

·
Registered
8 Posts
From experience from my previous q5 3.0 if mechatronic will go crazy it will start throwing error codes. Do you know when oil and filter in gearbox was changed ? Do you have any lagging or loosing power symptoms while driving ? Also is that happening on both cold and warm engine ? I will look at fuel system. Can you measure fuel pressure just before HPFP?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I`ve had my 58 plate 3.0 V6 Auto Q5 for about six months now, it has full service history and done about 100K miles.

Over the last few days, randomly, when I pull up at a junction the car stall on me. I have noticed that just before it does this, when the car slows to a halt and the revs drop just before they hit idle, the car gives a little "blip" and the rev counter flickers and then it stalls. When it stalls, its a proper keys out and restart and not to be confused with modern stop/start as I don`t have that feature.

Googling has indicated that the clutch may not be dis=engaging properly, or mechatronics on its way out - if this does sound likely, then is there anything I can do myself for diagnosis, where and how do you get to said unit and any heads up for changing it myself? Does box come out etc etc.

All I can find are threads about 2nd and 3rd mortgages when it happens, but nothing useful about what actually needs doing. I`m fairly good with spanners and happy to tackle just about anything - problem is that I`m not sure where to start.

Any pointers please?
Hi mate did you get this sorted as I am recently having same problem in my 2009 plate 3litre v6 q5 tronic gear box, it's done 74000 miles with recent gear box service and fuel filter ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi mate did you get this sorted as I am recently having same problem in my 2009 plate 3litre v6 q5 tronic gear box, it's done 74000 miles with recent gear box service and fuel filter ?
Also nothing comes up on te diagnostic check it's been to audi they couldn't fault it after juat a gear box service , think I'm going to have to send ot back it's only done it twice since driving it the last 5 days so annoying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts