Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum so saying hello.
I picked up my 2nd Q5 last week, this one being a new 50 TFSIe - previous one was diesel.
So it will be a new experience and hopefully i'll get some good information and tips on this forum.

·
Registered
2021 Q5 40 TDI Quattro S line
50 Posts
I picked up my 2nd Q5 last week, this one being a new 50 TFSIe - previous one was diesel.
So it will be a new experience and hopefully i'll get some good information and tips on this forum.
Welcome! Will be interesting to hear your comparison after you’ve had it for a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeremy.
My previous Q5 was the same as you've got. Our new TFSIe is also S line.
This is our first Hybrid so it's a learning curve. Yesterday we took it for it's first long run, mostly dual carriageway. The battery lasted 30 miles and combined MPG was 49. The acceleration is faster than the diesel. Overall we are pleased with it. Sadly when we parked at the free charger at Bicester village and plugged in the car wouldn't charge. I checked my phone and the Audi server was down and I couldn't connect. Eventually my phone connected and the green light came on, so charging started. We are having issues with our phones connecting to the Wi Fi in the car and the Audi server going down. Then the SoS function packed in and the Audi app is telling us to return to dealer.
When we got home our wall charger worked perfectly fully charging the car in under 3 hours.
Hmmm. I'll see what the dealer says.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome. I can see me getting another Q5 after my current model too 😁

Reactions: Geezedtee

·
Registered
2021 Audi Q5 S line 50 tfsie with Comfort & Sound pack and Panoramic Sunroof
28 Posts
Hi Geezedtee I too have just purchased a Tfsie with collection next week and would be interested to hear which wall charger you went for? Mine was a last minute purchase as the car was there so having to research chargers at short notice.

·
Premium Member
Q5 55 tfsi e Competition, all boxes ticked, Navarra Blue
239 Posts
Hi and welcome to the gang. I should be an official member when my Q5 55 tfsi e arrives at the end of May. I have owned Audi's for 39 years and this will be my first Q5. I had my charger installed before the end of March to take advantage of the grant. I tried Pod-Point but in Leeds the customer service is useless. I ended up with Hypervolt but I have yet to try the charger out. I went for a test drive in a 50 tfsi e from Wakefield Audi to Sheffield Meadowhall and back using all the economy modes available and the adaptive cruise control and I achieved 104mpg on the M1. I expect this to drop over a longer distance but I was seriously impressed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Glad you guys are enjoying your plug -ins. I love my diesel Q5 Vorsprung. No I am not a dinosaur before you say it. No where to plug one in. Plus suits my life style and drives great and no problems with charging technology.

I did feel really sorry though for a guy at a service station recently panicking with 12 miles of charge left and not of the Charging points would work with his phone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi and welcome to the gang. I should be an official member when my Q5 55 tfsi e arrives at the end of May. I have owned Audi's for 39 years and this will be my first Q5. I had my charger installed before the end of March to take advantage of the grant. I tried Pod-Point but in Leeds the customer service is useless. I ended up with Hypervolt but I have yet to try the charger out. I went for a test drive in a 50 tfsi e from Wakefield Audi to Sheffield Meadowhall and back using all the economy modes available and the adaptive cruise control and I achieved 104mpg on the M1. I expect this to drop over a longer distance but I was seriously impressed.
Good to hear, thanks.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,191 Posts
Welcome to the forum 😎

Reactions: Geezedtee

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Geezedtee I too have just purchased a Tfsie with collection next week and would be interested to hear which wall charger you went for? Mine was a last minute purchase as the car was there so having to research chargers at short notice.
Hi.
Went for an Ohme as they were the only ones that could fit me in before 31st March cut off for Govt subsidy.
It's small, unobtrusive and works. 5m lead comes with it. BUT I was given a quote by Ohme and ordered through them. The installer turned up and said his boss couldn't get one of the parts but they had an alternative. It was a straight for ward fit and took about 3 hours all in. This morning I got an invoice from the installer, who turns out to be a sub, with an additional £140 for the replacement part!! I've e-mailed Ohme, so wait out............

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi.
Went for an Ohme as they were the only ones that could fit me in before 31st March cut off for Govt subsidy.
It's small, unobtrusive and works. 5m lead comes with it. BUT I was given a quote by Ohme and ordered through them. The installer turned up and said his boss couldn't get one of the parts but they had an alternative. It was a straight for ward fit and took about 3 hours all in. This morning I got an invoice from the installer, who turns out to be a sub, with an additional £140 for the replacement part!! I've e-mailed Ohme, so wait out............
Oops, thats a bit rough of them!

I’ve looked at the Ohme and nice and unobtrusive but I really want one that I can store the cable on. Unfortunately I’ve just missed the subsidy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oops, thats a bit rough of them!

I’ve looked at the Ohme and nice and unobtrusive but I really want one that I can store the cable on. Unfortunately I’ve just missed the subsidy.
Mine came with a bracket that you can coil the cable round. Not the neatest but it is workable and easy.
I've received an auto e-mail with a ticket number, so wait and see what tomorrow brings.I'll post on here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine came with a bracket that you can coil the cable round. Not the neatest but it is workable and easy.
I've received an auto e-mail with a ticket number, so wait and see what tomorrow brings.I'll post on here.
Useful to know - for me the important thing is ease of use - if I can mount it round the side of the house it might work. Just need to look at how the wiring will be routed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hope these are useful. The cable is untidy 'cos it was raining when I put it away.
That’s great thanks.
Similar location to where I was thinking for mine, unfortunately my Electric box is at opposite side to where I can park the car - a long cable run will be required 🙁

·
Registered
2022 Audi Q5 40 TDi S Line District Green (not yet arrived....)
14 Posts
Hello - new here :) Ordered my first Q5 back in April.... just waiting for news of when I'm likely to see it :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts