Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

After spending nearly the last 4 years browsing through this forum, I decided that it might be time to actually join! So here I am!

Just over a week ago, I took delivery of a brand new SQ5, after having a Q5 for nearly 4 years and prior to that a Q3 for a couple of years.

Have to admit that the SQ5 is in a completely different league to anything else I have ever owned or driven! So smooth. So quiet. So calming. So high tech. Such a nice place to sit. And yet with a small prod of my right foot turns into a growling and snorting beast.

I'll be honest, I did have a couple of reservations about the new SQ5..........the fake exhausts, the non-retractable screen and the fuel economy. Having said that the non-retractable screen isn't a distraction. Fake exhausts on a 'S' model is IMHO plain wrong, but as has been said on here before, it does make it easier when it comes to cleaning. My wife has an S1 and I just cannot get those exhausts clean. Fuel economy, again this has been said on here before, I'm not too worried about fuel economy and it is negligible in comparison to the rest of the car ownership. Compared to all other cars on sale the SQ5 meets all of my requirements and more.

Will try and put some pictures up soon.

Cheers

Reactions: Mjr2004 and mxnrg

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome - and congrats on the new car!

I am up to nearly 5k in mine in nearly 5 months and absolutely love it. The screen is fine - had an A6 with the retractable screen, don't mind either way. Hardly ever look at the back to notice the exhausts, it still makes a nice noise - even my 83 year old Mum commented....

And it is fast, refined, comfortable, discrete - just what I wanted!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the car!

I do find the fake exhausts strange but tell you what the exhausts have a beautiful blurb noise when you start the engine up ????

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for their replies.

The exhausts do make a great noise!

Struggling to upload some photos. Think I may need to use photobucket?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks everyone for their replies.

The exhausts do make a great noise!

Struggling to upload some photos. Think I may need to use photobucket?
I never did work it out so suspect you need a hosting site - photobucket no longer very popular as they have introduced charges, I understand...

·
Registered
309 Posts
I never did work it out so suspect you need a hosting site - photobucket no longer very popular as they have introduced charges, I understand...
I started using imgbb.com after a quick Google search. For the tiny number of pics I upload, it's fast and free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All

Just wanted to let you all know that today is the last day with my SQ5. I have enjoyed it massively over the last few years but it is time for a change and I although I haven't been the biggest contributor to this forum I wanted to say thank you to you all. It has been a pleasure!

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My ex SQ5 is now for sale with Sytner in Nottingham. If anyone is interested in buying this and wants to know anything about the car etc (including how much I part ex'd it for) please send me a PM. I have had no dealings with Nottingham Audi (I part ex'd it for another make that Sytner have and they have just sent it to their Audi dealership in Nottingham). Please see the link below:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts