Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
just joined and finding my way around.
Im from Durham up in the North East of England.
I have a Sepang Blue SQ5 plus Limited Edition on a 2017 plate,its gorgeous.
ive had it just coming up on a year.
Previously to the SQ5 I had my beloved,all standard mk5 Golf R32,Id had that over 5 glorious years and it was my baby. It never missed a beat in any weathers.
Ive always had VW Audi cars and love them with a passion.
i just fancied a change back to a diesel and to Audi.

So...I have a question to you all,of which baffles myself...
Around 2 weeks ago a Vauxhall corsa!! went into the back of my SQ5 at around 20mph. On inspection of the damage it caused,it didnt seem to bad but after setting off on the remainder of my journey i had a reverse light bulb warning displayed on the dashboard and also when i went to reverse the reverse camera wasnt working along with all the sensors front and rear. Ive checked all bulbs and they are fine.Another odd thing is that the rear washer wont wash now but the pump still pumps fluid somewhere and the left hand side where the corsa hit,the exhaust tailpipe has dropped around 15mm.
Ive had it to the bodyshop for an estimate,theyve quoted me ...£4,500 too put it all back to how it was,but they cant explain why the reverse lights and camera etc. have gone off.

Im hoping someone out there has an idea of what the problem could be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mike.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,014 Posts
Welcome to the forum (y)

£4500 ouch!! Scan with VCDs / OBDeleven etc for faults, which might lead you in the right direction. Could be a electrical circuit issue? Impact sensor? If the rear washer is being pumped to but there is nothing coming out beware that the pipe could have been disconnected somewhere or split and that area is filling up with liquid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum (y)

£4500 ouch!! Scan with VCDs / OBDeleven etc for faults, which might lead you in the right direction. Could be a electrical circuit issue? Impact sensor? If the rear washer is being pumped to but there is nothing coming out beware that the pipe could have been disconnected somewhere or split and that area is filling up with liquid.
Hi thanks for your reply.
I'll give it a go, sensors sound a likely thing and I'll check rear washer tomorrow.
I know 4500 is high price. I'll see what I can do myself.
I'll keep updating.
Mike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts