Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to throw a quick message up to say Hi. Seems this is a UK centric site, but thats ok, as it also seems polite, which I appreciate. The wife and I just ordered a 2012 Q5 yesterday. We got the 2.0T gasoline engine, premium + package with nav, advanced key, all weather floor mats, and standard wheels. Exterior color is Phantom Black Pearl, and the interior is Cinnamon Brown. We should be able to take delivery the first part of April. I can hardly wait. This will be our first Audi. Anyway, Looking forward to browsing the forum, and seeing what kinds of cool stuff is being done.

Mike

·
Banned
842 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome this is my first Audi too. 2 months of ownership and loving it.

Get yourself the tunerdomes LED upgrade (USA based company) if you ordered the interior light pack it's awesome!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome this is my first Audi too. 2 months of ownership and loving it.

Get yourself the tunerdomes LED upgrade (USA based company) if you ordered the interior light pack it's awesome!
Might have to look into this....

Welcome to the Forum Mike!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure what the interior light pack is? We have very few options available here in the states. For the 2.0TSFI we get premium or premium plus, with two wheel choices. Navigation, B&O sound, 19" 5 spoke wheels, and advanced Key are really the only options we get, if you go with premium plus. These are the "standards" for Premium plus. Pretty nicely equiped...

Power-adjustable, auto-dimming and heated exterior mirrors with memory function
Two front fog lights located in lower front bumper
Rain sensor for automatic windshield wipers
Aluminum exterior trim and roofrails with crossbars
Audi xenon plus headlights with automatic self-leveling and integrated LED daytime running lights
Panorama sunroof
Full LED taillights [including brake, directional and running lights]
Full paint finish

18" 10-spoke-V-design alloy wheels with 235/60 all-season tires
Temporary inflatable spare tire
Tire pressure monitoring system

Memory for driver seat
Genuine wood decorative inlays [Dark Brown Walnut, Natural Fine Gray Ash]
Front and rear floor mats with fastening mechanism
Trunk protection insert
Three-zone automatic climate control
Stainless steel trunk edge trim and doorsills
Leather gearshift knob
Auto-dimming interior mirror with compass
Storage nets in backs of front seats
Dual front sun visors with lighted vanity mirror for driver and front passenger
Power central locking system with radio-operated key fob remote control for doors, deck lid and fuel door
HomeLink® remote transmitter
Privacy glass
Four-spoke, multifunction, leather-wrapped steering wheel with controls for audio volume, Bluetooth® phone and audio seek functions
Servotronic® speed-sensitive power steering - varies assistance based on vehicle speed

Twelve-way power front seats with lumbar support
Leather seating surfaces
Front center armrest with adjustable length and height
Three rear seats
Heated front seats
Sliding 40/20/40 split-folding 2nd row seats with adjustable recline
Driver and front passenger advanced dual-stage airbag* supplemental restraints
ESC with off-road mode and cross bar detection system
Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side thorax airbag* supplemental restraints
Power tailgate
Anti-theft vehicle alarm system with immobilizer
Electronic cruise control
Rear headrests

Audi concert system with single CD player with MP3 playback capability, AM/FM radio, auxiliary input jack, SD® card slot for MP3 files and speed-dependent volume control
Audi audio system with DSP
Driver information system
Audi music interface with iPod® cable
Bluetooth® preparation for mobile phone
SIRIUS® Satellite Radio with three-month trial subscription

There are a handful of dealer installed things too, like the all-weather floor and cargo mats, splash guards (mudflaps), wheel locks, exhaust tips, etc.

If you move up to the 3.2L V6, then Prestige and S-line become available. I wanted the gas milage of the 4, and it really didn't perform much differently than the 6, so here we are. Its still MUCH nicer than any vehicle I've ever purchased before. I really like the S-line 20" wheels, in a titanium finish, so we decided to get the four, with the base wheels, and then watch Ebay for a nice set of factory take-offs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well done on the order

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quick update here, my dealer just sent me an email that our Q5 will be delivered april 02! Getting close now

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another update from the dealer - my Q is in the good ol US of A! Its at the eastern port (I assume new york) and just has to make its way to Michigan. Should be early next week!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally picked her up yesterday. Got a quick couple of pictures. So nice to have it sitting in my garage now...Can't wait to start making it mine. First on the list is to paint the brack calipers. Don't want that raw aluminum getting all corroded and nasty. Then I'm definitely going to replace the stupid incandescent interior lights with LED's...can't believe a company who prides itself on advanced technology doesn't install them as a matter of course. Anyway, here are a couple pics...

Wife looking all happy with her new ride!

Reactions: KevInDetroit

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello mike hope you enjoy the Q5 as much as i have, mine is in brilliant black and i have had it just over a year and can honestly say it is the best audi i have ever had.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Detroit!
Got my 2012 Q5 2.0t in Phantom Black just a few weeks ago, and I am impressed with the ride ( I have a 2011 A5 Cabrio 2.0t also), as this is the first SUV type vehicle I have ever owned.
I think I will always own an Audi now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts