Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is Jon from Qatar. Been driving a White 2.0T automatic (2010) since Jan 2011, pretty high spec (leather, panoramic roof etc).

Just clocked over 38000kms, 1750kms of which were done in a week over October when the missus and I drove all the way to Dubai and back via Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi.

A bit of a love-hate relationship, I'm afraid. Car spent 4 months at the dealer's workshop over Oct 2012-Feb 2013 with transmission problems (ended up with the mechatronic and other bits of transmission needing replacement).

Three year manufacturer's warranty expired 31/10/13... and just today the EPC light comes up and the car starts behaving all erratically. Luckily I took care to extend the warranty for another year, otherwise I'd be looking at a pricey bill in a few months from now (am pretty sure that the local Audi dealer will keep her for a few months again after the tow-truck picks her up from in front of the house in the morning)

So beware. Either these cars have issues... or I have been terribly unlucky with both transmission AND now, engine issues? I don't know what to believe anymore.

Feel free to comment. Would be interested to hear what people think about this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, I have lots of friends out in Qatar, actually one with a Q5 too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Jon

Welcome to the forum. Small world ! I am also in Qatar. The wife has a Q5 back in the UK but I have been put off a getting an Audi in Qatar due to all the changes with the agency. I hope that the new agency is going to be a bit more stable. Once the new showroom opens on Salwa road I may reconsider. Has their new service centre opened yet ?

I currently have a company car (Toyota Landcruiser) but have had a couple of BMWs in Qatar and I have to say that whilst they were expensive BMW servicing was outstanding. I have not heard such good things about Audi service but hopefully things will change with the new Agency.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Welcome. Unfortunately some cars do have issues, I just think these are just less frequent with an Audi than some other marques.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again everyone
Thanks for the welcome, and for your feedback. Pangit and anyone else in Qatar/ knowing people in Qatar: feel free to make contact! Doha is not a big city anyway.

(Pangit: a Landcruiser? I mean, how can you after an Audi?? Just kidding. And no, Q-Auto are still in Street 41 at the Industrial Area. Scary.)

Anyway - an update. Took the car in this morning on a flat-bed truck, met the senior service manager (John: helpful bloke - he realised how upset I was having had the car parked at Audi for 5 of the last 12 months). By early evening, the Q5 was back, fully functional, oil topped up and washed. It was an ignition coil that needed replacing. Done under the extended warranty, so no cost or fuss.

So problem solved... fingers crossed. But I had omitted to mention in my first email that the car had also gone in earlier for a faulty oil level sensor only 6 weeks ago. I hope that I won't be visiting Street 41 for a few months till my next service is due, at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts