Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just ordered a Q5 so thought I would introduce myself to the forum in hope that by spending some time speaking to you guys it might help the next few months of anticipation easier for me.

I've ordered a 2.0 TFSI 225PS S Line plus in Daytona grey with part leather/alcantara, heated seats and black styling pack. Could have gone crazy with more options but decided to stay sensible and keep the option list to things I only need or use, unlike other times when buying new cars where I've gone slightly OTT. Beside, one of the things that drew me to the Q5 was the already impressive standard spec.

I was a bit unsure as to what engine to go for between the 2l engines, 177PS diesel or 225 petrol. I only do around 8k per year so thought I opt for the petrol with more power/acceleration and compromise on mpg. The Q5 petrol looks reasonably efficient as far as this type of car goes, that coupled with my low milage and throw in the twin tail pipes made the decision for me.

Haven't seen the alcantara interior in person but from coming from cars with full leather and seeing the wear after 4 years I thought it was time for a change. Also haven't seen the black styling pack with Daytona on the facelift q5 but hoping it should compliment the s line body trims sporty appearance.

If anyone has got any real life pics of either of these it would be much appreciated.

Cheers all

Reactions: lucidpet

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
Hi
to the forum

I chose the 2.0TFSI S Line for similar reasons, to you. I have been very pleased with mine and I am sure you will be with yours.

I find the Alcantara is warmer in winter and cooler in summer than full leather. I find it is durable and doesn't stretch and sag. After 4 years my seats look as new.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks for your comments. I'm sure I've made the right decision for me but always nice to here someone else's opinion, especially someone who's lived with the car for a few years.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just added another option after reading the forum for a few days, led interior light package. I'm sure I'd be fine without it but for £150 it's not worth having regrets when it arrives.

Still been thinking about the diesel but can't help but think the petrol will work better for me. I do a lot of short trips. Daily commute is only about 5 miles/ less than 10 minutes so don't think the diesel will have chance to warm up. My current car is a four cylinder diesel bmw and after owning one for over 4 years I think the only diesels that I would consider in the future are 6 cylinder models.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. Did you order the interior light pack or have specified it to be LED? My understanding is that the interior light pack comes with standard bulbs? Will be able to confirm that in less than 2 weeks when my Q5 S line plus gets to me.

Cheers,

Ian

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I've read on here the LED interior light pack is part LED only. The option reference is QQ1 I think. In the brochure the option is called Interior Light Pack but on my order confirmation is got LED in there but both are o e of the same I believe and have the same reference.

I might change out the lights for LED's if they offend me enough, I'll give it a few months before I decide.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I will what mine is like when I pick it up, currently looking like its going to be the 5th March, it was confirmed as being built on the week commencing 11th Feb and it is now actually in the UK. Not that I'm being impatient to get it of course.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't got a build date yet but expect it will arrive sometime in May. When did you order and what are you going for?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered it just before New Year. I have gone for an S line plus, 2.0 tdi 177 in black complete with interior light pack, folding door mirrors, heated front and rear seats, panoramic roof and Audi drive select. As its a very well spec'd car anyway, I didn't want to go too overboard on the options. I have just ordered an A1 which I have done that on, ahem.......
I have just ordered the LED lights from parts u like so fitting them will keep me occupied for a day at least!

Your dealer should be able to give you a build date, it's all logged on the Audi system so they should be able to tell you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts