Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello! Have been reading the forum quite a lot lately, but since ordering my Q5 yesterday, I thought it best that I register and say hi to everyone

Placed my order with Tamworth Audi yesterday for a 2.0 (177) diesel S Line Plus. Until the last minute I was going to order phantom black, but went for lava grey in the end.

Pretty much standard spec apart from a few extra toys. Heated front seats, B&O speakers, and the Parking System Advanced (getting off my drive is a total nightmare in reverse, so although it was an annoyingly expensive addition, especially given parking system plus is already included, it will be well worth it - plus my current car has it so not sure I can live without it again
).

Looking forward to hopefully picking her up in September. ARGH THE WAIT!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Welcome to this friendly forum. Nice spec, but have you also included the hill hold assist? It's the best £65 I've ever spent on a car.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi and welcome.

I too would add the Hill hold.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did wonder about the hill hold... but it's a manual, so I'm not sure there's much point?

I think I am going to be adding the folding mirrors though. I should really stop looking at the options now...

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Welcome aboard,go on b a devil add the folding mirrors 😄

·
Registered
814 Posts
Welcome,
I also have the 2.0l Sline plus, and very happy with it.
You're right about the annoying extra cost of £340 to upgrade from parking plus to advanced, because if buying them from scratch, for an SE or whatever, there is only £15 difference between the 2 options. However, I now wish I had.
I also wish I had ordered heated seats front and back now, for the extra £160, must be worth considering if you have kids.
I didn't get HHA either, and have never missed what I never had, but as those who have it swear by it, I would definitely include next time around, if only to see what is apparently so great about it!!
Electric folding mirrors...Definitely !!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

I also have a manual and would definitely recommend HHA...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hope you got a discount, the above is not a standard spec lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up adding the folding mirrors and HHA today
Think that's definitely it now hehe. Now the wait!

Reactions: Hectorshouse

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Well done, do you do many miles each year?

·
Banned
489 Posts
Just wanted to say hello! Have been reading the forum quite a lot lately, but since ordering my Q5 yesterday, I thought it best that I register and say hi to everyone

Placed my order with Tamworth Audi yesterday for a 2.0 (177) diesel S Line Plus. Until the last minute I was going to order phantom black, but went for lava grey in the end.

Pretty much standard spec apart from a few extra toys. Heated front seats, B&O speakers, and the Parking System Advanced (getting off my drive is a total nightmare in reverse, so although it was an annoyingly expensive addition, especially given parking system plus is already included, it will be well worth it - plus my current car has it so not sure I can live without it again
).

Looking forward to hopefully picking her up in September. ARGH THE WAIT!
Hi ctafield. Hopefully you saw my post on Tamworth Audi and got a good deal http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/5226-tamworth-audi/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well done, do you do many miles each year?
It varies.. depends where I am working, but at the moment it's about 7-8000. Why'd you ask?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
It varies.. depends where I am working, but at the moment it's about 7-8000. Why'd you ask?
If you are doing plenty of miles in the week do consider the Mobile Connect High option, gives you the Google map overlay on sat nav and Google traffic data, aside from being super cool eye candy on every drive it's genuinely useful and terribly undersold in the Audi brochure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome mate

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you are doing plenty of miles in the week do consider the Mobile Connect High option, gives you the Google map overlay on sat nav and Google traffic data, aside from being super cool eye candy on every drive it's genuinely useful and terribly undersold in the Audi brochure.
Ah yes, I can't really justify that to be honest. Tis a shame as it does look great. Regular sat nav will do me for now though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have been given a build slot for week 24... which is next month apparently.

This, despite the dealer telling me, and me agree with him, that September delivery was preferable.

They're now asking me when I want to collect it? I've reiterated September... but what's likely to happen?

Will they just let the slot go, and get me one closer to the date, or take that slot and keep it at the dealership until September? I'd hate for it to end up in the dealership and be used for other customers to poke+prod!

My only reservation with taking it before September would be that I'd rather it come on a 64 plate at this point (bit tricky being almost smack bang between March and September).

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Is there some reason why you don't want it until September, a company car going back or something like that? If it's your own car then consider putting a private plate on it:

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/

For £250 you could get a plate - mine is S12 (and my initials) and I paid £250, and then the age related plate is invisible, I've found the personal plates keep the jealous vandals at bay to some extent.

You could ask the dealer to cancel it, but the replacement will be on a new order and you will be paying the latest price-list price, they may keep your deposit too if they are especially mean. Week 24 build is w/c 9th June so will be a MY2015 build so will probably be in the dealership by the 1st of July.

Personally speaking I don't like leaving cars in dealer compounds for weeks, mine had nearly 6 weeks either in Germany or at the supplying dealer whilst DVLA procrastinated and ended up with some paint scuffs (polished out) that probably were not there when it left the factory.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts