Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to do this.

I have just replaced a dipped beam bulb - what a pain. I though that it might be easier if you could take the whole headlight cluster out.

Following the user manual for dipped bulb replacement, you can move the cluster forward by about 5cm but no further, even with the electrics disconnected.
I suspect to get it out you have to remove some of the front trim, but not sure how or at what risk.

Anyone remove a headlight cluster?

I was also wonder about replacing the DRL bulbs - which that manual implies is a dealer job - probably because you have to remove the cluster.

·
Banned
801 Posts
This is an electronic manual for the official Audi service
Here are instructions

·
Banned
801 Posts

·
Banned
801 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks spijun for coping the manual. So it looks like you are not meant to remove the cluster for normal bulb changing. I must say sliding it forward just 5 cm makes it very difficult to remove and install bulbs, especially keeping your fingers off the halogen ones.

It would have been better all round if the unit slid out completely as they do on some of other Audi's models.

·
Banned
801 Posts
I think Audi and other car manufacturers to intentionally complicate everything so that vehicle owners go to the official service for the change (light bulbs, filters, brake discs......)

Sorry for my english

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm new here, I hae the biXenon assembly and I need to clean the internal lens (the one that looks like a magnifier), a xenón bulb burnt inside and the smoke got there. I have removed the whole assembly and removed the bulb but I can't remove the projector and lens inside. Does anyone have the electronic manual for this?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys, im trying to upgrade my lights to LED, i can access one of the p13w globes but not the other. I managed to find the amber lights but not the others. any one has those manual?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts