Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone new to the forum so be gentle please. Can anyone advise on changing the bulbs in my 2011 Q5 2.0 TDI. I've seen a few things advising about how to do it but nothing conclusive. Do I just need to remove a few bolts in the engine bay to move the casing forward 5cm or do I need to remove the panels in the engine bay as well? Any help would be appreciated (pictures of possible).

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,918 Posts
You undo some bolts as you said to allow each headlight to shift forward. Then you open the light unit from the back, and swear and curse a lot as you cut your hand trying to perform contortionist moves. The side light bulbs in the head light unit are the worst. As I've said before whoever designed it this way should be shot! The main bulbs should be easy in comparison. Good luck! Oh and there are lots of videos on Youtube showing you how to do it.

Reactions: courtneyg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You undo some bolts as you said to allow each headlight to shift forward. Then you open the light unit from the back, and swear and curse a lot as you cut your hand trying to perform contortionist moves. The side light bulbs in the head light unit are the worst. As I've said before whoever designed it this way should be shot! The main bulbs should be easy in comparison. Good luck! Oh and there are lots of videos on Youtube showing you how to do it.
Cheers appreciated, I'll have a look on YouTube to see what I can find.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts