Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry in advance for this long first post but it takes some explaining!
Yesterday I picked up my new Q5, which was a stock car from my local dealer. I am very happy with the car but I can't seem to match the spec given to me on the sales order form with the car and/or the vehicle I.d. sticker in the car service booklet. I hope some of you very knowledgeable people can help.
On my sales order form the car is listed as follows:
Audi Q5 S Line Plus 2.0TDI Quattro 177 PS S Tronic
Glacier White Metallic (2Y2Y)
Audi parking system advanced (7X8)
DAB digital radio (QV3)
Heated front seats (4A3)
LED interior light package (QQ1)
Open sky panoramic sun roof (3FU)
Sound package (WB3)
Technology package - High (WB7)

My problem is with the technology package - high which I have been charged £391.67 for. I have looked through three different Q5 brochures 06/2012, 10/2012 and the new 11/2012. I can't see this option listed in any of them. They all list "Technology Package WB7" which is standard on the Plus, and as an option they all list "Technology Package - Advanced" which is available at £520.83.
The actual build date of the car is, I think, October 2012. This is written on the I.d. Sticker as 10/12 and also on the bulkhead I.d. Plate, as 102012.
Finally, I promise! out of all the option codes listed above only two appear on the I.d. Sticker, these are 7X8 and 3FU.
Phew I think that's it, I would really appreciate your considered opinion on this bloody Technology Pack -High (WB7)

Many thanks

CAP

·
Banned
801 Posts
I checked in the system and there is no WB7
Technology Package - High (WB7) there is no system in the Audi because it's only for the UK market

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Spijun, I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your answer. Are you saying that if you have a UK spec S Line Plus, there is not a "WB7" tech pack available? and therefore I am paying for something I haven't got?
It is very odd, in my brochure as I mentioned earlier there is apparently a Technology Package - Advanced (PCB WB7) but I'm pretty sure I don't have that.
CAP

·
Banned
801 Posts
I did not say that, S-line has nothing to do with tech pack
I wrote that the code WB7 and WB3 only for the UK market does not exist in the system Audi
Here you can check yourself all codes
http://igorweb.org/equidec/

This is to make you see that there is no WB7 in Audi system
That means that the codes WB7 and WB 3 just for the UK market

List of codes - not checked

http://vag-codes.inf...ption-codes.pdf

Conclusion: Audi dealers in the UK will put two or more of standard options and made WB7 and WB3 packages that do not exist anywhere else - even in Audi electronic catalog for the world
Checking is easy: you see what contains Technology package - High and Sound package

Reactions: DST1973

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Spijun, I'm sorry but I don't fully understand your answer. Are you saying that if you have a UK spec S Line Plus, there is not a "WB7" tech pack available? and therefore I am paying for something I haven't got?
It is very odd, in my brochure as I mentioned earlier there is apparently a Technology Package - Advanced (PCB WB7) but I'm pretty sure I don't have that.
CAP
My Q5 S-Line Plus is on order for March delivery and when I placed the order it came with Technology Pack Low as standard. I upgraded to Technology Pack High which was code WB7 as seen on the snippet below from my order screen courtesy of my dealer.

https://www.box.com/...jsraiwm3cx2jp2i

The S Line plus now comes with Technology Pack High (WB7) as standard. The upgrade price I paid was £391.67 + VAT = £470.00

Below is what the brochure said when I placed my order (Valid from May 2012)

https://www.box.com/...qt4yxiuxhoawvhj

I am unsure why the sticker only shows 7X8 and 3FU as all the items listed are options, except for the Glacier White metallic paint as that is standard on the S-Line Plus

I am also in the UK, so I hope this helps

PS Photobucket not working for some reason, so had to share pics via Box.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Mystery solved.

Technology package - High WB7 package contains:
-MMI navigation - 7T6
-Audi Music Interface - UF7
-Audi Parking System Plus 7X4

Sound package WB3 package contains:
-Bang & Olufsen Sound - 9VK
-DAB digital radio - QV3

·
Registered
221 Posts
Steppy,

Just out of interest, when did you order your Q5. The spec change for the free tech pack upgrade changed on 16th october to the best of my knowledge.

I was wondering why you had to pay for it looking at the timescales. I ordered mine early October and the dealer didn't officially place the order until 16th October. Got build date of week 51, for arrival in UK late January but being held for march registration.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Steppy,

Just out of interest, when did you order your Q5. The spec change for the free tech pack upgrade changed on 16th october to the best of my knowledge.

I was wondering why you had to pay for it looking at the timescales. I ordered mine early October and the dealer didn't officially place the order until 16th October. Got build date of week 51, for arrival in UK late January but being held for march registration.
I wanted to make sure my car arrived in time for the new 13 reg in March, so I placed my order on 14th August as at the time I was told build took anything from 4 to 7 months. In August the Technology Pack High was an option.

It would seem that buiild time is quicker now and my car was origianlly set for build week 41, but its now on hold (I guess due to March reg) and will be built around Christmas time. I was worried that it was going to be built too early and was going to be sat around in a compound for months, but hopefully now that wont be the case.

I'm not too bothered about the Technology Pack High being standard now as I ticked that option box, but I would have been a bit miffed if they had made Parking System Advanced standard as I didn't tick that box as I found the camera a bit disorientating to use, but I wouldn't have complained if it was standard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks Steppy and Spijun,

Buying a car from stock meant, of course, that I did not know exactly when it was ordered by the dealer.
The earliest brochure I have seen is June 2012 which did not show me the detail you have now provided.
I think my specification makes sense now, its just a shame the dealer didnt explain it to me!

Steppy, I have re-read my initial post and I think I confused you on the codes.
What I meant was that out of all of the codes given on my i.d. sticker only two of the sales order codes matched up (7X8 and 3FU)

I have had a go on Spijun's link and it gave me the following

E0A = No special edition
1KW = Disc brakes, rear
3FU = Big roof system
F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
TM4 = 4-cylinder diesel engine 2.0 l unit 03L.M
1XX = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel w/ Tiptronic
7T6 = Navigation system (MID)
3L3 = Manual height adjustment for front seats
1SA = Without additional front underbody guard
7D5 = DVD player
J0P = Battery 580A (105 Ah)
3NC = Rear seat bench/backrest, split folding
F19 = Alloy wheels 8.5J x 20
4UF = Drivers and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation
1LC = Disc brakes, front
9G3 = Alternator 120-180 A
8BP = Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp
8Q3 = Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)
7K0 = Without tire pressure warning light
4KF = Side windows in heat-insulating glass, from B-pillar and rear window dark tinted
7MG = Emission standard EU5
6XD = Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable/heated
5TG = Decorative aluminum inserts, dulling
0G7 = Tiptronic
U1B = Instrument insert with mph speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer
9Q8 = Multi-function display/on-board computer
4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
3Y0 = Without roll-up sun screen
Q1D = Sports front seats
5SJ = Left exterior mirror: convex
1AS = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
7X8 = Park distance control, front and rear with rear view camera
0YE = Weight range 5 installation control only, no requirement forecast
8Z5 = Not hot country
2K7 = Reinforced bumpers
4K4 = Radio remote controlled central locking
6TS = Right exterior mirror: aspherical, large viewing field
1BA = Standard suspension/shock absorption
0JG = Weight category front axle weight range 7
QZ7 = Power steering
DE2 = 4-cyl. turbo dies. eng. 2.0 l/130 kW 4V TDI common rail Base engine TR1,TD1,TM4/TL4/TP4
5D7 = Carrier frequency 868 MHz without panic button
4GQ = Windshield in heat-insulating glass

Many thanks

CAP

·
Registered
503 Posts
..... Steppy, I have re-read my initial post and I think I confused you on the codes.
What I meant was that out of all of the codes given on my i.d. sticker only two of the sales order codes matched up (7X8 and 3FU)

I have had a go on Spijun's link and it gave me the following.....
Ah, I understand now.

I find that link very confusing as it shows virtually element that makes up the car, but glad you sorted out the confusion

·
Banned
801 Posts
Cap ....

I'm glad you understand the image and link which I put

It is my pleasure if I helped you

1 - 11 of 11 Posts