Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Q5 2.0L TDI 177PS SE S-Tronic earlier this year - this was delivered with standard SE non- sport suspension set up and 18 inch alloys

I really do not enjoy driving the car because of the suspension. I live in a rural area of Fife, Scotland where the roads are not the smoothest around. It is ok on motorways and dual carriageways, but on the undulating roads I drive on every day I can only describe the ride as like sitting on top of a jelly - you get "shaken" about from side to side

Most of the cars I have owned in the past 15 years have had some sort of modifications done to the suspension, and I have had good results from Bilstien Sport shocks, either using original car springs or fitting new springs as well

Someone I have spoken to has suggested fitting a KW street comfort coilover kit - this is not only expensive, but I have not spoken to anyone who has actually fitted such a kit to a Q5

My priority is comfort with good driving characteristics - I do not want to feel every bump on the road
Has anyone experienced similar dis-satisfaction with the standard Q5 suspension, and made modifications which have delivered goods results - if yes, I would be eager to hear the details of the mods made

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
As another source of info, the Q5 section on Audizine.com has a lot of modders including quite a few with aftermarket suspension. I would suggest posting the question there as I'm not aware of any members on here that have played with their Q5 beyond cosmetics...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

i own a 2.0 l Diesel Q5 S-Tronic with non sport suspension for the last one year, Everything about it is fine until it encounter s any bad roads. Just feels like sitting on jelly as you be told. Dont know if others too experience. Decided to do some modifications to the suspension to make it not behave so. Any suggestions....?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi Sing 1234. Do you have drive select? If so, you may wish to try the dynamic setting. It may just be psychological, but I think it makes a difference.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I agree, always drove cars with air suspension and the SQ5 is too hard for rural roads
Luckily I mostly drive on motorway where it is great

Change it for the A4 allroad, that is what you need

·
Registered
706 Posts
I can't figure out what the complaint is here. Too soft or too hard. "Shaken about" seems too hard and "jelly" seems too soft.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Standard suspension here with 20" wheels and it rides brilliantly!

Is your Q5 a facelift or non facelift as there were modifications made to the facelift models which really improved things.

·
Registered
433 Posts
No problems with my Q5 on full S-Line suspension on 20" wheels\tyres

Reactions: rifleman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts