Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order for my SQ5 back in December and was told I would have it early May, this was put back to end of May in Febuary. I have just been informed it will be with mid June I was also told I was one of the lucky ones as their is major delays with the car in Germany and that customers are not n
Being informed about it until the last minute. Does anyone else have any info on this.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I did discuss a purchase with M25 Audi. I did not like their attitude, very pushy soon as we get your deposit you will be first in the queue. Salesman knew very little and made some iffy promises e.g. "we can deliver sooner than any others" etc. If I were you I would phone around, see if you can find a better dealer. I guess you will risk loosing your deposit?

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's tempting but they have £1000 deposit and recently £2500 to have rear seat entertainment fitted just wish Audi would be honest about the delays in Germany as I guess lots of customers will be wanting thief cars for the August holidays. I have found whetstone to be excellent over the years this will be the 5th car I have bought from them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Vegas, There must be delays somewhere, my SQ5 has be at the port in Germany since the 11TH May, no body can say when its going to be shipped, Its starting to P--S me off a bit now ive been waiting since 1ST December and registered my interest probably back in August so to be honest Fed up really.

Do you know if your car is built Yet ?? , if not what build week have they given you ??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not asked about build week as i am only interested is when I get the car. But I will follow your advice and ask tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
re the shipping, its a black hole for Audi, its a third party that delivers to the port and then ships to the UK.
They simply don't know. Audi tracks the port as a build stage and same with the delivery center in the UK.

In general it takes anything upto 3-4 weeks after the point of build to hit the dealers, but thats an average. Sometimes its much less, sometimes its more. The other thing that happens and i'm not trying to say it HAS happened to you, is cars do get damaged in shipment and this extends the delivery times while they are getting repaired. these repairs/delays are not reported to the UK dealers.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hi Vegas, There must be delays somewhere, my SQ5 has be at the port in Germany since the 11TH May, no body can say when its going to be shipped, Its starting to P--S me off a bit now ive been waiting since 1ST December and registered my interest probably back in August so to be honest Fed up really.

Do you know if your car is built Yet ?? , if not what build week have they given you ??
Hi Merlin, I know how you feel - mine sat in the docks for the best part of two weeks and was evidently one of the early vehicles to be loaded - so last off the boat at this side of the pond - more delay.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have been dealing with Watford M25 Audi. Three weeks ago I emailed every Audi dealer within 150 miles of the Midlands asking is there were any non allocated SQ5's available. I found 5 cars which were either at the dealers or on their way / July being the latest. The car that almost matched what i would have specked was in the showroom at M25 Watford Audi. I went down, sat in it, test drove it and placed my order. I pick it up tomorrow, couldn't have it until their replacement arrived. BIG smile tomorrow for me

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like I am not the only person with confusion on arrival of a car I ordered at the beginning of December!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
I got the impression M25 salesmen would say anything to get a sale and seems you are being told the same. I don't see how they can blame Audi for delays, when a.n.other dealers can and have supplied SQ5s on or before the promised dates.

·
Registered
529 Posts
M25 Audi have one sq5 which is white and is at watford surprised they have sold Hirt only sq5 to you
Dont ask you dont get lol

I have had to wait until they got their replacement

·
Registered
529 Posts
Feisty one

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well done to you I guess i will take mirlins advice seems a honest person on here
Hi Vegas let me know how you get in tomorrow with dealers , I will let you know when mine is released from port , all the best merlin .

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hi Merlin, I know how you feel - mine sat in the docks for the best part of two weeks and was evidently one of the early vehicles to be loaded - so last off the boat at this side of the pond - more delay.
Hi john yes know what you mean , how are you getting on with yours , are you still enjoying it without any issues ?? Cheers all the best merlin

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have been dealing with Watford M25 Audi. Three weeks ago I emailed every Audi dealer within 150 miles of the Midlands asking is there were any non allocated SQ5's available. I found 5 cars which were either at the dealers or on their way / July being the latest. The car that almost matched what i would have specked was in the showroom at M25 Watford Audi. I went down, sat in it, test drove it and placed my order. I pick it up tomorrow, couldn't have it until their replacement arrived. BIG smile tomorrow for me
I took exactly the same approach: emailed every Audi dealer in the UK. Found 5 for May delivery in the colour I wanted. Strangely the response rate was not particularly high.

Have seen the white one @ Watford - first one I saw in the flesh - looks lovely and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi wilf , when are you collecting your car ? Who's the feisty one ?? Cheers merlin
Hi Merlin, collecting it tomorrow and cant wait, not much sleep for me tonight lol. My work colleagues keep saying "ooh Feisty one" when i bang on about M25 Audi should have let me have my car and sod the other perspective customers wanting to look at an SQ5 (its a saying from our fav comedy the inbetweeners)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts