Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Really pleased with the car, it looks great, and very smooth handover. The salesman I have been dealing with, Paul, made the whole process a real pleasure. The car was immaculate, really pleased with the finish and work done by the detailer I used. I have had VW and Audi's in the past, and I just seem to find a comfortable driving position really easily. I now need to get used to all the new systems, but the drive home was lovely, having come from a Discovery I wondered how I would feel about the firmness of the ride, but was pleasantly surprised. The salesman said to drive as I would normally do, and not to worry too much about breaking in the engine, but I will be a bit careful to start. The colour, lava grey, looks fab, especially in the sun. Love the wheels too, they really seem to set the car off. It was a bonus getting a set of roof bars, didn't realise I was getting that! Radio quality fine for me, and sat nav seems very quick. Overall I'm very pleased, and looking forward to the miles ahead.

I managed to get some photos on the other day, but can't remember how I did it, will investigate!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Happy days indeed mate, congrats. You'll have to get those pictures sorted out!

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Really pleased with the car, it looks great, and very smooth handover. The salesman I have been dealing with, Paul, made the whole process a real pleasure. The car was immaculate, really pleased with the finish and work done by the detailer I used. I have had VW and Audi's in the past, and I just seem to find a comfortable driving position really easily. I now need to get used to all the new systems, but the drive home was lovely, having come from a Discovery I wondered how I would feel about the firmness of the ride, but was pleasantly surprised. The salesman said to drive as I would normally do, and not to worry too much about breaking in the engine, but I will be a bit careful to start. The colour, lava grey, looks fab, especially in the sun. Love the wheels too, they really seem to set the car off. It was a bonus getting a set of roof bars, didn't realise I was getting that! Radio quality fine for me, and sat nav seems very quick. Overall I'm very pleased, and looking forward to the miles ahead.

I managed to get some photos on the other day, but can't remember how I did it, will investigate!
foto bucket í ½í¸„

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my previous post I had an option to click to attach a file, but not on this, so no photos yet!

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Read the free beer thread for instructions on how to post photos.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it.
Ictbydesign saw your link to Pure Detail have you used them, if so what did you have done and how much did it cost? I'm not far from Preston where they seem to be based...

Mark

·
Registered
884 Posts
Ictbydesign saw your link to Pure Detail have you used them, if so what did you have done and how much did it cost? I'm not far from Preston where they seem to be based...

Mark
Hi Mark,

New car detail, more info here.

I had it done at the dealers rather than at their workshop and Jonny was extremely helpful in sorting this out for me.

In total it came to £400.00 which I feel was woth it, some may not.

If you contact him will you mention you saw his link in my post, no financial gain to myself.

Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Mark,

New car detail, more info here.

I had it done at the dealers rather than at their workshop and Jonny was extremely helpful in sorting this out for me.

In total it came to £400.00 which I feel was woth it, some may not.

If you contact him will you mention you saw his link in my post, no financial gain to myself.

Mike
Thanks Mike, does that include any form of long term paint protection or is it more of a one off initial clean?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would also be keen to see some pics of yours, I've ordered Black but am tempted by Daytona!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Would also be keen to see some pics of yours, I've ordered Black but am tempted by Daytona!
One picture of the car after detailing on this page, next page a couple of quick snaps with my phone.
I will post some more when I can.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Thanks Mike, does that include any form of long term paint protection or is it more of a one off initial clean?
I will try and get the full breakdown for you.

Some details in this email I received:

For a new car we can't suggest Gtechniq enough. For your car it would be £400 - which we inc the optional extras - wheel sealant and Glass coating.
The detail carries Gtechniq's 5 year protection warranty as we are Gtechniq authorised detailers.

If you wish to chat more about the detail and coatings please ring us - 07805053311

Thanks
Jonny

Pure Detail Services Portfolio Contact Us Ask for a Quote

Tel: 07765 929 721
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.PureDetail.co.uk

Reactions: s1ngy

·
Registered
116 Posts
what is car detailing - and why is it necessary ?

I have a q5 to collect sometime in September

·
Registered
814 Posts
what is car detailing - and why is it necessary ?

I have a q5 to collect sometime in September
Detailing is not exactly necessary ( though some on here would disagree), it is simply the preparation of your paintwork, alloys and interior, and then treating them with protection/waxing/leather treatment/ polishing products, to bring out the best possible shine and appearance your car can achieve throughout.
Can attempt it yourself, but often members here prefer to use a professional detailing company, which will offer varying levels of detail, attention and of course price!
They would require to work on your car anywhere from a couple of hours to a couple of days, depending what level you go for.

Have a look at this link as an example of what a car detailer can do for you ( No, I don't work for/with them, I am just thinking of going to them as they are close to me)
http://www.autocleanngleam.co.uk/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have been able to add some photos to reader's drives

1 - 16 of 16 Posts