Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having problems using the voice recognition and hands free phone. In my last Q5 I used to be able to press the steering wheel button say the command "Dial Jane" and it would - dial Jane. Now it comes back with "this number is not available"
I am using the same mobile and have bluetooth high. I have never previously recorded name tags but even when I try that it will not work.
Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm assuming you did phonebook import from phone to MMI? Is Jane's number available through' phone' option?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mirekmal thanks.
Affirmative. Using Iphone and that procedure worked smoothly. Not sure what you mean regarding number available through 'phone' option. Previously I could speak any name on my phone directory and it would dial.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I thought about being sure that phonebook is loaded to MMI memory. If so, then all numbers woul dbe visible after pressing Phone button and the choosing Memory option from control buttons. If not imported it could be that voice dialing will not recognize name as registered phone number.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All my contacts appear on screen but when I give the instruction it says "this number is not available"
My previous Q5 would respond to the voice command. I must check that it has the code for Bluetooth - High with voice recognition.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. Just bought a 2013 Q5. My iphone 4S pairs with my Audi nicely. I can receive and make calls. However, the voice command does not recognize any of my phonebook numbers. I can access my phonebook manually (it has been uploaded) but the talk button on the steering wheel says phonebook is empty. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Banned
801 Posts
I have the same problem. Just bought a 2013 Q5. My iphone 4S pairs with my Audi nicely. I can receive and make calls. However, the voice command does not recognize any of my phonebook numbers. I can access my phonebook manually (it has been uploaded) but the talk button on the steering wheel says phonebook is empty. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Maybe you find the answer here
http://www.auditechnology.com/#2013/q5

or try reset MMI, maybe help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, it did not help. I can acyually save the name tags and phone numbers using the voice command. However, when I try to call the same names that I had just saved, it doesn't work!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Are you sure your phone is on the compatible phone list for your model of Audi. If it is not then it may well pair OK but functionality can be reduced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts