Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Salesman phoned yesterday, car has arrived at dealers,Was ordered 3rd Feb, had build week 13, ready to pick up next week.

Really impressed how quickly things have progressed, considering other members horror stories.

Got Detailer booked for Tuesday, he has offered me a treatment for £295 using Zymol Vintage wax polish , has anybody any knowledge of this type of wax, he's saying It costs over £2,000 for a tub..

Hope I remember all the things to check for at the pick up as my head will be mush with all that will be going on,

Any pick up advise welcome... as this Is my first ever" new car"

Cheers

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the detailer tbh on the Q5.
Zymol, yeah, its lower in the pecking order lets say - id be expecting swissvax for £300 for sure.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
£2,000 a tub <LOL> and he will use 0.0001 mg

What bullshit.............. google zymo;.com for price. He is treating you like a mug and I would tell him where to stick his tub. Find another detailer.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi again Conchris2,

Yes your head will be mush, as there is a lot going on,
but certainly there are some basic checks you should make, and more detailed ones if you want.
I discussed it a few days ago after I had collected mine, about me making a list of 'things to check'

if you want a look, its on thread below, post No.8, a couple of other members found it useful, and it also provides a link to a very comprehensive checklist.

http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/12137-collected-today/

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
£2,000 a tub <LOL> and he will use 0.0001 mg

What bullshit.............. google zymo;.com for price. He is treating you like a mug and I would tell him where to stick his tub. Find another detailer.
Have done some research missile re..Zymol Vintage seems my detailer Is Honest John..

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/zymol-wax/zymol-vintage-glaze/prod_999.html

Admittedly I too was sceptical and was thinking the tub would be the size of a house and he would use 0.001 ml...but seems not....

As for Snow Man,,, elaborate please as to why you "wouldn't bother with detailer for Q5".

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Per your link, Zymol Vintage glaze seems like a complete rip off @ £2230 a tub

Zymol Vintage wax is a mere £51 an 8oz tub

Which do you think he will really use?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Missile. A bit untrustworthy are we? Conchris, you must keep this post updated as to how you get on and what I want to know is how long will the wax last. my undersytanding is that wax looses its effects after 6 months, but I am no expert.

I an detailing my car today with Bilt Hamber finis wax £10 for a very small tub. I will claybar it fisrt, then cleans it before the wax.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Missile. A bit untrustworthy are we? Conchris, you must keep this post updated as to how you get on and what I want to know is how long will the wax last. my undersytanding is that wax looses its effects after 6 months, but I am no expert.

I an detailing my car today with Bilt Hamber finis wax £10 for a very small tub. I will claybar it fisrt, then cleans it before the wax.
Like yourself shabazmo I'm no expert....

Detailer has told me to expect 6 months from wax with everyday use , longer If car used less.

I've been offered a lesser service @ half the price from same detailer, this apparently Is a hand polish finish rather than machine polish..will I really notice the difference????

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Wax durability depends on how often you wash it and with what products etc.
6 months - I can't see it tbh, but what are the variables to make that happen...?
Price charged for the pot is a reflection more of the 'lifetime top-ups' than the quality of the product i'd wager.

Also I'm not too sure about their claims either 61% carnauba wax - 'highest content of any automotive finish protective product'. Crystal Rock is 76%!!

Machine polish is used for correction, swirls, blemishes etc - you'd need to know the condition of the paint work to make an informed decision as to which you'd need to be done. I'd be questioning him more about how long the detailer is spending working on the car than the methods he's using. A new car should not need much work at all. A quick detail with no correction i'd expect £100 inc polish/wax. An enhancement detail id expect £2-250 that would inc a machine polish and removal of small defects, products would be good quality ones (people opinions on what good as always varies).

As to why no detail for the Q5, its an SUV (soft utility van) throw it into a field and donut it covering it in mud.
Why not just take it home and clean it yourself so you can see the condition of the paint before making your mind up.

·
Registered
214 Posts
ConChris, if you are in Edinburgh let me know and I will give you some decent wax for free.

As an ex detailer I don't rate Zymol, I prefer Pinnacle Black Label and Black Fire Black Ice.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Lol I'm happy with my £10 turtle spray on wax...

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
258 Posts
ConChris, if you are in Edinburgh let me know and I will give you some decent wax for free.

As an ex detailer I don't rate Zymol, I prefer Pinnacle Black Label and Black Fire Black Ice.
romach...how unlucky am I...
I was In Edinburgh Sun/Mon for overnighter with wife for her birthday...

Anyway have opted for the lesser £150 detail with hand polish...will ask detailer what wax he used..and will Inspect car for swirls etc..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts