Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya good peeps.

Just joined today, now that I'm a happy owner of a 2016 SQ5 TDI, had her for about a month now. :)

I've been wondering though, I noticed that there are different derivates in the SQ5 TDI model range. Like the SQ5 competition edition, I also noticed there is one that pushes out 239kw and one that pushes out 250kw. How can I tell which model I have, are there any tell tale signs or features that would help me determine which model I have?

I'm thinking of doing a Celtic tuning ECU remap and I only noticed that there was a 239kw and 250kw version on their website.

Looking forward to being an active member of the community. :)

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
Welcome to the forum (y) Enjoy your SQ5 :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to our forum :)
Do you have SQ5 or SQ5 Plus? See here Audi SQ5 TDI Plus 2016 review | Auto Express
You should be able to check in your owners manual, or by quoting the VIN number.
Alternatively your friendly Audi dealer can check for you
Thanks for the warm welcome bud, much appreciated.

Thats the thing, I have no idea if I have the SQ5 or the SQ5 plus, I don't have the owner's manual. I think I will have to check with my local dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to our forum :)
Do you have SQ5 or SQ5 Plus? See here Audi SQ5 TDI Plus 2016 review | Auto Express
You should be able to check in your owners manual, or by quoting the VIN number.
Alternatively your friendly Audi dealer can check for you
Ahhh I see now in the article you linked. I don't have the diamond-stiched leather nor do I have 21-inch wheels, I have 20-inch wheels...so I guess I have the standard SQ5. Oh well, all good still. :)

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
I have a standard SQ5 and have the 21" wheels and had the option of having the diamond stitched leather, but opted not to have it as I don't like it.

Easy way to tell if you have an SQ5 Plus is to look at the exhaust - the plus has the connected twin pipes - see below. The SQ5 plus is also heavier!
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a standard SQ5 and have the 21" wheels and had the option of having the diamond stitched leather, but opted not to have it as I don't like it.

Easy way to tell if you have an SQ5 Plus is to look at the exhaust - the plus has the connected twin pipes - see below. The SQ5 plus is also heavier!
View attachment 12647
Ahh nice tip there...thanks bud, I just checked now...I don't have the connected exhaust. So definitely a standard SQ5 :)

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
2,174 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts