Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I received my Q5 on Sunday from Kings Lynn Audi in Norfolk.

I had such a great experience with then that I feel it only right to pass on my thoughts and recommendation. The salesman that I dealt with was Malvin Bridgeman - Kings Lynn Audi - Tel 01553 779500.

Malvin and Kings Lynn were brilliant and made things easy for me. Not only did he get me a good trade in price but he also let me have the car within 2 weeks instead of the advertised 3-4 Months. He also arranged for the car to be driven to my home and threw in a teddy bear for my 1 year old. He was honest and reliable with a detailed knowledge of the car and no pressure sales techniques so he gets a thumbs up from me. Looking for a Q5 and a good salesman to deal with? I'd call Malvin if I were you.

I have been after a Q5 for a long time now and decided recently that my 07 x5 had given me one too many issues and after the rise in tax and fuel prices (not to mention the tires and service prices) as well as a good experience with owing an Audi TT, I decided to go back to Audi. I live up in Glasgow but have been disappointed with Lomond Audi with a list of poor customer service including lack of detailed knowledge of what options are available (I knew more than the salesperson) no return calls (although that salesperson did call me when the others failed to do so), poor follow up, scare sales tactics and most recently refusing me a test drive of a car they had on site at the time due to them allocating their ONLY Q5 to a local newspaper. The newspaper never had it at the time so i could have easily drove it and left me feeling like the customer doesn't come 1st and my business meant nothing.

I'm liking my Q5 so far but miss the manual box of my X5 as well as the size of the thing but the Audi is put together in a more solid way and I am more confident about the long-term reliability that Audi have always given me.

Anyway, once again I would 100% recommend Malvin and hope you see what he can do for you. Say Derek said hello.

Happy driving guys!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Glad your experience was a good one. It's a shame it doesn't happen more often.

So was your car one they already had in stock? I'm just intrigued by your "2 week" statement.

Congrats and enjoy your Q5.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Swainey,

My Q5 was registered in January 2011. Apparently a customer pulled out of his purchase so it was to be used as a demo until April and was advertised as available then but they had another coming so he released it early for me with only 1400 miles on the clock so its like getting a new car with a ?2k discount. The time I saved waiting probably also saved me around ?1500-1800 in trade in depreciation from my X5 too and it was pretty much what I wanted apart from missing bench seat plus and folding mirrors (wonder if these can be added) but did come with metallic paint and tech pack high as well as tyre pressure sensors, heated seats etc. An added bonus was that it came with the new 2.0D 163co2 engine so I don't have to pay the government more road tax that doesn't actually go on fixing our pot-holed roads.

So far, I'm chuffed to bits but getting used to a manual box again is a bit weird
. Taking it to Loch Lomond for a spin this weekend.

Has anyone got ant tips or ad-ons that they felt made the Q5 better?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts