Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

i've been away a while - please excuse my absence.

in the meantime - is anyone else having problems trying to use Google 'Send to Car'?

i can no longer do this in my new Q5 - i get the following error:

i logged a support call with Audi, and they said they were having issues but this has now been resolved - however i still cannot 'Send to Car'.

i kicked off with Audi customer service tonight so they have assured me that the 'technician' who was dealing with my initial call will get in touch with me tomorrow to explain everything.

i was just wondering am i alone in this or are other Q5 owners out there experiencing the same problem with Google 'Send to Car'?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You've obviously upset them
The myAudi UK site keeps re-directing me to the USA site when trying to access the "connect" page to input a destination

Reactions: rifleman

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the Audi guy on the phone alluded to the fact that they were 'having problems' and relying on a third party to try resolve this.

i told them if they don't fix it i want a full refund on the car because they have sold me something not fit for purpose and they have breached the Trade Description Act by selling me a car with Google 'Send to Car' listed as one of it's features - that doesn't actually work!

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,864 Posts
i told them if they don't fix it i want a full refund on the car because they have sold me something not fit for purpose and they have breached the Trade Description Act by selling me a car with Google 'Send to Car' listed as one of it's features - that doesn't actually work!
Bit harsh
I'm sure you will have it working again soon enough.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
myAudi working now

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
myAudi working now
is Google 'Send to Car'?

finally - after 27 days of waiting - an Audi Customer Service Manager called me today - said they need the car into the garage to see why Google 'Send to Car' isn't working from any computer i use anywhere in the World.

i did point out that even if i torched the car - this would not affect Google 'Send to Car' so then he backtracked and said he would speak to a 'MyAudi' expert about the fact that Google 'Send to Car' is not listed as 'active' in My Audi and get back to me on Monday.

he also said that he would compensate me accordingly for not having one of the features of the car available to me.

is nobody else experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
is Google 'Send to Car'?

finally - after 27 days of waiting - an Audi Customer Service Manager called me today - said they need the car into the garage to see why Google 'Send to Car' isn't working from any computer i use anywhere in the World.

i did point out that even if i torched the car - this would not affect Google 'Send to Car' so then he backtracked and said he would speak to a 'MyAudi' expert about the fact that Google 'Send to Car' is not listed as 'active' in My Audi and get back to me on Monday.

he also said that he would compensate me accordingly for not having one of the features of the car available to me.

is nobody else experiencing this issue?
I've never actually tried it but think I'll have a go.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Dunno, never tried it. Just thought it may be a server type related thing???
exactly.

go to Google Maps, enter an address in the Maps search bar, then click on 'Send to Phone' then the drop-down select 'Car' and then enter the details for your car (you need the passcode):

it's normally dead straight forward - until this happened!:

Audi are baffled!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Not used this previously, but I have set it up this morning and worked first time.

I have used the option on the myaudilogin previously and that also works.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Not used this previously, but I have set it up this morning and worked first time.

I have used the option on the myaudilogin previously and that also works.
thanks ICT, worked brilliantly on my MY14 Q5, won't work on this one.

i reckon the best and easiest option would be for Audi to give my Q5 a new ID which i can register with Google, as this one blatantly isn't working.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Update from Audi UK (by phone) - some of the MY16 Q5's (and perhaps other Audi models) have incorrectly had their Google 'Send to Car' licence set for only 3 months meaning this feature will stop working after this has expired.

Audi UK are now looking to fix this by identifying the vehicles affected by this - apparently i am top of the queue and since i piped up about it they have received a couple of other instances of this happening.

they said Audi DE should have these licences updated within 7 days and after that Audi UK will look at compensating owners accordingly.

i'm not convinced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts