Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off to Goodwood for the first time this year and I see the Audi Q's will be heavily featured! Do Audi owners who show their key fob get trackside access from the Audi stand? Any tips and do I need to get there at 7am (going on the Friday). Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes get there early. I 've got there several times before for 8:30 / 9am ish and sat in traffic. Not at a standstill so not too bad, but we've ended up missing the first F1 runs up the hill which are usually at around 9:30am. By the time we've parked the car, walked in and got trackside its ended up nearer 10am and it was over. You do get to see them again in the afternoon so its not the end of the world. Not done Friday before though.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I go every year, going Sat or Sun this year tho or I'd say we should meet up!

You can get onto the cafe bit of their stand with your key fob (BMW always have the same).

As stated above go early, the contemporary F1 cars are what it's all about, beat everything else in terms of spectacle and noise! They go up a couple of times in the day though so if you miss the early session you can see them after lunch.

Here's a pic I took a couple of years back of Vitaly Petrov in his Lotus Renault... This was not taken with a very big lens so gives you an idea of how awesomely close you can get!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
My favourite thing is the smell of the pits, and the fact you can just chat with superstars of the motoring world - they are all so relaxed and enjoy the event themselves - I think they enjoy being just fellow petrol heads for the day!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Lucky sod, very rare free tickets come along for Goodwood, especially from Audi UK !

·
Registered
700 Posts
great pic Jose, Always fancied ging to Good wood i might have to book it in for next year and meet up, have a good weekend.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thats it we will try and get a forum meet up next year ! Weather looks like its going to be great for this one thou

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
It's all about who you know! Mrs José works with the wife of the SW Area Manager for the RAC... As such I have managed to tag along with his VIP tickets for the last couple of years!
Apparently this year there is a chance of going up the hill as a passenger!
I will be taking the camera of course and will share a link in this thread for you guys that don't make it this year.

Definitely a good excuse for a few of us to get together! It's an event and experience like no other in the world!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Good customers get the freebies. Not me unfortunately. I tried to get Saturday or Sunday tickets on the Goodwood website but the web site only have the £205 tickets, and the cheaper tickets for the Thu and Fri dont seem to be avilable at the weekend. Can anyone explain this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone. My understanding is that the Sat tickets sold out mid June and the Sun this week. I think they were £57. Still quite a bit more than the Friday price but I guess the premiuim is always going to be for a weekend ticket? As I've never been before happy to start out with the Friday. Does anyone know what the main differences are re the different days?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
The big drivers are there at the weekend, other than that all the days are basically the same.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Hi, So I am now going on Friday!

PM me your number and we can meet up for a drink or something... Always good to meet forum members face to face (will be 2 in 2 weeks for me!).

Cheers!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Lovely afternoon tagging along with treacle and her other half, another member I can confirm is not an Internet wierdo

Will post some pics (but treacles may be better has her hubby is a prof photographer!).

We should definitely get a few members all there to meet up next year.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts