Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after trading in a Q7 in 2009 for a Q5 , after almost 3 years hassle free motoring its time to say goodbye to Quincy the Q5

Whilst I have only averaged 6k miles a year, its been a loyal servant to me, I got a good px price meaning I only lost £6k in 3 years which in this climate is fantastic

I wish you all well in the future this forum was a godsend for me, and I was able to impart my knowledge for future owners as I had one of the first in the country

Still not happy with all the extras I had to purchase when I bought that were standard on the Q7 (like lighting, Storage, 3 way climate control, spare wheel!)

I am getting a Q7 in Orca Black, 3.0 tdi Clean Diesel, running boards, tech pack High, bluetooth, rear camera, verano leather, privacy glass with only 8k on clock and 9 months old

Good luck all, its been emotional

Raj

·
Registered
578 Posts
Rahoo - don't do it, new Q7 coming out next year, 650kg lighter - residuals will drop on the "old" shape

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told that the new engine was coming next year (204bhp) and cleaner diesel and new trim level, the new facelist not until 2013,

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was told that the new engine was coming next year (204bhp) and cleaner diesel and new trim level, the new facelist not until 2013,
The Q7 has already had a facelift (LED lights etc) - this is a new Q7 and I believe it will be out late 2012:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1064825_2013-audi-q7-getting-aluminum-body-shedding-650-pounds-report

Residuals for the old Q7 will probably drop 15% overnight, Audi already can't get rid of them or the A8. They are already knocking £4k off a new Q7 and doing 6.2% APR! The New Q7 has an alu body, new chassis, new engine and is 650lb lighter, it will be the car of choice and very popular in my opinion.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Or even the Q6? I've always thought the Q7 was a bit too big or perhaps out of proportion.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Impressed with your trade in price which is good news for everyone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was very happy with trade in and deal to be honest, I just cannot wait another 12 months or more potentially, I need the 7 seats and the Q5 is almost 3 years old , all you guys who have one now I hear the new one is planned 6 months after the new Q7!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I was very happy with trade in and deal to be honest, I just cannot wait another 12 months or more potentially, I need the 7 seats and the Q5 is almost 3 years old , all you guys who have one now I hear the new one is planned 6 months after the new Q7!
The difference is that the Q5 will just be a facelift whilst the new Q7 is a completely new model which has a new body, new tech and new engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts