Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that is me leaving the forum after 3 years.

A nice 13 plate Range Rover Evoque being delivered on Moday 25th March

My Q5 was a manual diesel 170bhp S line.

Ave fuel consumption over 75000 miles was 40.3 mpg.

Repairs were two front wheel bearings one at circa 23k and the other at 72k and nothing else.

2 x full set of tyres (+ running a set of winter tyres )

A great car and I hope to god I will not regret the move to the Evoque. Only reason was CO2 and I wanted a change.

There is nothing I would change on the Q5. A fab car that was built well and went like the wind. Too easy to hit the 100 mph were possible!!!!

Still have a set of 235 50 19 winter tyres, boot liner, rubber mats and roof bars if wanted give me an offer.

Happy motoring

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I wish you luck, I left Audi for an Evoque last year - a 2.2 Diesel manual Prestige 5 door +825w Meridian/spare wheel/pano roof/auto dip interior mirror - in Mauritius Blue. Delivered on the 15th May 2012 after a 6 month wait. Initially the car was great - and then the fact that it's really only a Freelander in a pretty dress started to show through. Fuel economy is dreadful - drive it like a nun and get 37mpg if you are lucky (Autos are 30-35 tops), the Sat Nav is simply appalling - think of a Mark 1 TomTom and that's about as good as it gets. Things you take for granted in an Audi like being able to play a 32gb memory stick as a music source only work after about 15-20 minutes every time you turn the ignition on in an Evoque - dreadful and acceptable in LR terms. After 6 months the rattles started - Range Rover might be a premium brand but the quality of the materials used to build it are, in places, grim - check the glove box lid out.... The vehicle spent 7, nearly 8 weeks in the dealership - techs came down from Halewood to fit modified parts, all the doors were stripped, the headliner came out, passenger door was re-hung, tailgate was re-hung and the OEM that provided a lot of the interior was involved in the repair. For a week it didn't rattle.....
and then the rattles started again. I rejected the car (lease vehicle) and LR had it back. Range Rover is a premium brand but it's not an Audi - technology-wise RR are 5+ years behind the standard you take for granted now. Honestly speaking, if it's not too late then back out of the deal - if you decide to go through with it then good luck - I have some RR Evoque accessories needing a home including a genuine boot mat and load liner...maybe we can come to some arrangement? PM me if interested.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good luck with the Evoque. Build quality not up to Q5 IMO and experience.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
Friend of mine works for RR and she told me only 1 in 4 vehicles come of the production line fit for purpose.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bigmac - Are these just the Evoques or RRs in general? What do they do with the 1/4 cars? Punt them out and see how they go or back into workshop?

Father in law has a whole page of snagging with his Evoque including a serious paint issue with bumper. Anything that moves is rattling. Seals and trims poorly fitted. Scuffs and chips on bodywork.

The dealership have had it for nearly 7 weeks. I told him to back it, but he's going to have a 'look' Monday....

Empacher99 - have a look here just so you know what to look for when you go and pick up your Evoque!

http://www.provalserv.com/galleries...ipkNWI2MGU1MjM3NjE5NDAwYTI5NTQ0MjBiOWE2ZWZhMQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts