Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Scary stuff. I like how he states he's now bought a golf as Audi have security problems! I can't imagine the security systems are vastly different across the VAG range of cars.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
2.5 years deposit to delivery! Makes current Q5 lead times seem reasonable!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: ray.afzal

·
Banned
842 Posts
When I rang Audi UK last year to ask if this was a problem after the BMW thefts, they said it was impossible to do. Blatant lie!

Ugly disklock I feel is the way forward here.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Or keep it in the garage? I'm amazed how few people keep their cars in garages even when they have the capability. It seems a garage is to be used as a storage place for junk.

·
Banned
842 Posts
If its that easy and quick to do John then it could be done in a public car park or a side street somewhere?

A load of focus RS's are being stolen this way also.

The guys there have been disabling the OBDII port somehow, anybody here any ideas how this could be done on the Q?

·
Banned
842 Posts

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Is it just keyless entry or the key fob system that is vunerable?
The article references keyless entry. AFIK it may not be so easy to bypass key fob entry...................... Unfortunately nothing is thief proof.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Something mechanical over the steering wheel would seem to be the way to go for those of us who spec'd keyless entry.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So what steering wheel lock come well regarded? Haven't used one this century....

·
Registered
529 Posts
I would rather loose the car than have to use a dishlok chaps, good insurance and some luck is the only way forward

Any security device is only ever one step in front the thief and that step is usually 6 months max!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Relieved we didn't opt for keyless entry, especially as there is a half way house down my road! Hmm..

·
Registered
529 Posts
Are the door handles the same on all the Q5's ie the square imprint that has the touch sensor in?

Reactions: Estoril SQ5

·
Registered
256 Posts
Presumably these types of people will have already staked your house out anyway.. if they are going to take it they will.. best to put it in the garage I guess...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The squares are not used is my understanding.
They are a throwback to a previous technology found only on Q7s now.

Even if you order a car without keyless, you get the same handle.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The squares are not used is my understanding.
They are a throwback to a previous technology found only on Q7s now.

Even if you order a car without keyless, you get the same handle.
I think the squares are what you press to lock the car keylessly..

1 - 20 of 48 Posts