Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening people , I have specked up my ideal SQ5 and would love to place my order , even knowing I've got a long wait but , try as I might I can't get a test drive ! As if to prove how wanted these cars are every time I contact a dealer who has one as a demo they phone to say they have sold it . Did you all get a test or did you order in hope it would be good ?
Cheers Dave

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I ordered well before they were released so took an A6 bi-turbo (same engine) and a Q5 2.0 TDI and imagined them together.
See if you can get a go in an A6 or A7 bi-turbo and a Q5 3.0 TDI for the closest comparison.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
256 Posts
Same here... tested an A6 then a lot later the SQ5 when they had one...

·
Registered
877 Posts
I ordered well before they were released so took an A6 bi-turbo (same engine) and a Q5 2.0 TDI and imagined them together.
See if you can get a go in an A6 or A7 bi-turbo and a Q5 3.0 TDI for the closest comparison.

That's what I did....

Tested an A6 bi-turbo and a Q5 3.0 TDi as there were no SQ5s in the country....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I tried a 3.0TDI Q5...was close as I ever got...

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks like we all test drove the A6 Bi turbo , most of us ordered late last year and waited 6 months before seeing what it was like, i test drove a demo 2 weeks before mine landed,
Test drive the Q5 any of them really and if you like the ride and position you will love it, best thing since sliced bread. all the best trying to find a demo locally Where are you located, Rugby ??

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Test drive any Q5 if you like that and want a bit more performance, you will love the SQ5.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Test drive any Q5 if you like that and want a bit more performance, you will love the SQ5.
Yep that's about it bar the lowered suspension which might affect some people's decision if they need a bit more off road ability...

·
Registered
253 Posts
My local dealership gave me an SQ5 for the weekend. I was sold after 5 minutes in the car. Everything I expected and more! Roll on Jan/Feb/ March!

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I can't see many SQ5s or indeed Q5s going off road.
Taken mine off road a couple of times (not for any reason other than a laugh).

The large wet field the other day was a lot if fun!
Its a bit disconcerting as even with the TC in 'off road' mode the car vibrates A LOT as the computer uses ABS as it attempts to arrest a 20mph sideways slide!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good evening people , I have specked up my ideal SQ5 and would love to place my order , even knowing I've got a long wait but , try as I might I can't get a test drive ! As if to prove how wanted these cars are every time I contact a dealer who has one as a demo they phone to say they have sold it . Did you all get a test or did you order in hope it would be good ?
Cheers Dave
Rugbyman - I too have an SQ5 on order and currently drive the 3.0Tdi SLine Q5. I believe you to be local to me so if I can help with a test drive, send me a PM.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had an A6 Bi-Turbo on loan (same engine as SQ5) and just had to go for the SQ5.

I was not even thinking of changing my Q5 up to that point! I returned the loan car and placed my order immediately.

It was a brilliant decision. I absolutely love the car.

ZED

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all your comments . I have specked my vehicle but will wait till I can drive one .
I'm sure it's going to be all you tell me it is but can't commit £53/4,000 with out test drive .
Thanks again Dave

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Smart choice Rugbyman, test drive first!! Also check our the customer services at whichever dealer you are based as following the poor standards at my one, as soon as we get the car we are servicing the SQ5 at another one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been a BMW customer for a number of years now and had no need to change as always given great service but my brother who is an Audi customer convinced me to drop in to the local dealer and say hi. There waiting was a demo SQ5 they sent me out to drive.. Surprise Surprise I came back and just wanted it. Then u fortunately was told if I placed my order it would arrive around August next year so my dreams were shattered haha. Anyway long story short I spent the next day making contact with all the dealers across the country and was lucky enough to find a brand new one available as the customers finance fell through.. Poor customer but lucky me :) I pick the car up this Friday and can not wait.

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Thanks for all your comments . I have specked my vehicle but will wait till I can drive one .
I'm sure it's going to be all you tell me it is but can't commit £53/4,000 with out test drive .
Thanks again Dave
If you look hard enough I am sure you will find a dealer somewhere who has a demonstrator / second hand vehicle for sale. There were none when I ordered mine, but I did seriously consider a flight to Germany for a test drive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts