Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi This morning my Q5 3.0tdi displayed a gearbox malfunction error. Straight into limp mode. Upon getting home (about 5 miles ) I noticed it was dropping a lot of oil on the driveway. I had the error pop up some 2000 miles ago but it drove absolutely fine and has since with no further errors until this morning.
It’s in with A1 gearboxes Biggleswade as we speak. Anyone heard of this problem occurring before ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi This morning my Q5 3.0tdi displayed a gearbox malfunction error. Straight into limp mode. Upon getting home (about 5 miles ) I noticed it was dropping a lot of oil on the driveway. I had the error pop up some 2000 miles ago but it drove absolutely fine and has since with no further errors until this morning.
It’s in with A1 gearboxes Biggleswade as we speak. Anyone heard of this problem occurring before ?
UPDATE : £2500 + VAT. Full gearbox and mech unit refurb and clutch rebuild.
Amazing as gearbox worked perfectly up until it dropped all the oil.
With their hands squeezing my jacobs I’m not in position to argue. Either way ouch!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ouch.
How old is your car and how many miles?
2011 and 110,000 miles. Full service history. Had a malfunction warning 2000 miles ago. Gearbox worked perfectly and error disappeared after switch off. No knocking , jumping or skipping gears.

·
Still Game
4,844 Posts
That sounds reasonable in comparison to what others have reported. Hopefully it is a fix. Do you get any warranty?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts