Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that there is a minor "jerk" when the autobox is changing between 1:st and 2:nd gear independent of how easy I'm on the gas and If I'm in D/E-mode on the gearbox. In S-mode I would expect the box to be a bit more jerky based on that quicker gear-changes probably would result in more noticeable feeling when the box is switching gear.

These symptoms are only between gear 1 and 2 and from 2 -> 8 it's absolutely seamless. I've heard from so many sources that this 8-speed ZF-gearbox is so smooth and would have expected it to be almost not noticeable moving up from standstill when very easy on the throttle.

Any others in here who experience the same? Should note that this is on a SQ5

Thanks for your input! Would like to understand if this is all normal or if I should visit the dealer to have a look at it. I'm perhaps VERY picky here and it's not a real problem, but it's like a minor rattle in an almost perfect car

·
Registered
348 Posts
So far no problems with my 8-speed; only changing from reverse to forward takes quite some time

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I would say 1st>2nd is the change I notice least often! Definitely get it looked at.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Mine is faultless no problems at all, i would get it tested by an Audi tech as soon as you can, no harm in asking

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've noticed that there is a minor "jerk" when the autobox is changing between 1:st and 2:nd gear independent of how easy I'm on the gas and If I'm in D/E-mode on the gearbox. In S-mode I would expect the box to be a bit more jerky based on that quicker gear-changes probably would result in more noticeable feeling when the box is switching gear.

These symptoms are only between gear 1 and 2 and from 2 -> 8 it's absolutely seamless. I've heard from so many sources that this 8-speed ZF-gearbox is so smooth and would have expected it to be almost not noticeable moving up from standstill when very easy on the throttle.

Any others in here who experience the same? Should note that this is on a SQ5

Thanks for your input! Would like to understand if this is all normal or if I should visit the dealer to have a look at it. I'm perhaps VERY picky here and it's not a real problem, but it's like a minor rattle in an almost perfect car
Reset the Gearbox this may help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts