Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before buying my Q5, I tried both engines, and really found the 2.0 gas (USA) had more torque, and I was shown fuel estimates from the factory, which were better than the 3.2.

My experience (using the car's computer) is that I am getting a touch over 10 mpg City and in the low teens on the highway. Very, very disappointing. It is far below what Audi lists on their sticker, and all published estimates.

I do not have a heavy foot, and do not do jack rabbit starts, or go much above the posted speed limit in California.

If you go with the traffic flow here, on the freeways, you are usually going 70 mph.

What have others experienced with their 2011, in terms of gas mpg city, highway, and combined? Thanks. Elby

·
Registered
18 Posts
Elby, are you quoting US mpg or UK mpg?
Only had our 2011 Q5 2l turbo for 2 days, but in 130 miles have been shown 24 mpg avg...
now we are ez on it still for the breakin, but still... not bad for around town...

also we have 19" tire upgrade, will have to check the speedo against gps to ensure it is correct for the tires...

not much activity for q5's on the net that I see.....

was looking for wheel and tire suggestions as my wife has already seen 3 like hers here in the dfw area !

She wants to change the look so it's "her's"

she also wants a more 'robust' exhaust note, not LOUD, but not stock...

any ideas ? Thanks in advance from Texus !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts