Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I took my Q5 to a man who told me he could add a camera for my Q5 so I just wanted it to work when gear selector is on R but he said that he's gonn change the WHOLE dashboard !!!! And add one that accepts a cam (chinese dashboard) wtf of course no
So I crossed adding a cam to my car cuz even bmw and Mercedes owners are complaining about the cams lo resolution and they can't see or not so handy useless in the night so they use there mirrors
But my question is can I add front sensors and make the button that should be for parking system turn them on and off (just beeping from a speaker located in the front for me to differentiate between hitting the back or the front)

·
Registered
289 Posts
The answer is yes it can be done Ramy, but it's best to have your Audi dealer do it. The single button on the dash turns everything on in manual mode (front sensors, if fitted, rear sensors and camera, if fitted.) It's the same when you engage reverse gear - all of the sensors and the camera (if fitted) turn on. Of course, as with everything else this is not a cheap retrofit if you want it done properly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I should have said that the tone of the sensors and their volume is controllable through the MMI so you can have the front ones make a different tone to the rear ones.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh you mean the sensors with the reading on the mmi
Well I have ami and I already have rear sensors with a speaker in the rear glove box (where you reach the tail lights inside the box in thr trunk)
So I don't think the ultrasonic sensors will work

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And by the way I have it prestige 3.2 V6 285 hp
Everything fitted (adaptive cruise control , panoramic sunroof , audi Symphony , bang and olufsen sound system , nav , Sirius , 21" alloy wheels , Xenon Headlights with adaptive steering ..
Everything you can imagine except those sensors why ????

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ramy that is just plain crazy, no sense at all! Top model and no front sensors Audi, WHY?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't ask me why
I bought it in 2012 from a car dealer coming from the states mybe the people that bought it first in 2010 didn't want sensors (Stupidity)

·
Registered
97 Posts
They have been available since 2004
Look at 2004-2005 audi a6's and a8's
But those people are crazy
They might have said I want everything in it except sensors cuz they're so annoying
And btw I saw an audi q5 2009 with advanced parking sensors the ones today !!

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Well, as far as I know, they have never been a standard feature on any Q5 (in the UK). I didn't have them on my 2009 Q5 S Line. I opted for them on my new motor but I find they are more of gimmick than a useful feature.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I love my front parking sensors, they're particularly useful for my everyday parking in underground car parks...

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I love my front parking sensors, they're particularly useful for my everyday parking in underground car parks...
I didn't bump the front of the Mrs' Mini in a tight car park due to lack of sensors - honestly! Should have seen her face!

·
Registered
877 Posts
I didn't bump the front of the Mrs' Mini in a tight car park due to lack of sensors - honestly! Should have seen her face!
Haha I did the same in my other vehicle due to lack of sensors. Amazing how something you've never had before can become so integral to ones life...

...frankly with the wife driving a 'big' car for the first time they make a lot of sense...saves heated discussions in car parks

·
Registered
289 Posts
Yes - of course it can be done. However if you don't have the visual reference via the MMI then I can't see a lot of point if you are just listening to the bleeps of your existing rear and your new front sensors while manoeuvring. I think it might cause more confusion. You might do better to upgrade to full MMI.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How can I upgrade to MMI
I don't want to replace the car radio and navigation system I just want (if possible) to upgrade the ami to mmi by the vag-com and add the advanced parking system .
If it can't be done I just want beeping from the front

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ramy, post a picture of your current dashboard and instrument cluster so that I can assist you further. If possible post a picture while you have reverse gear engaged.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Save the picture to photobucket and put a link to it in your post.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts