Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the front parking sensors can be activated to come on when the car drops down in to first i.e. for parking near a wall etc? It sounds like it would be an annoying feature but it worked so well and was so useful on my last car

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I assume you mean without pressing the button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I assume you mean without pressing the button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes the VW Touareg has that feature which is just so useful. In fact it was fitted to a 2004 VW i had as well

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it were always enabled, that would be a real pain in the arse. Every time you came up behind a car in slow traffic or went for an overtake it would bleep.
But its not, they only come on when the car drops below 10mph and it was fitted to a 2004 VW i had and merc use it. I think their front sensors are less sensitive so don't pick up obstacles until about 3 feet so traffic is not an issue at all.

·
Registered
700 Posts
As you say its probably just as easy to hit the switch when required,

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree with Wilf - my CR-V had this and the front parking sensors activated automatically below a certain speed. Ok very occasionally they went off if somebody waked between cars in a row of traffic. The problem with the current set up is if you press the button the front and the rear sensors come on along with the camera. Again in the CR-V the rear sensors and camera only came on if you put the car into reverse. For me it's another case of the button in the car working the wrong way around. You should be able to press the button to cancel the sensor and IMHO press the (other) button to enable start-stop.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How do you de-activate them altogether - I find the front bleeps intensely annoying. After all I CAN SEE the front, but the thing goes off even if a leaf or small twig is there, so I frantically look for a lost toddler or prostrate old lady!!

I love the rear sensors though - saves my neck having to twist like the girl in the Exorcist!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ah yes, didn;t realise I could turn the front down without the rear.

Cheeky bugger - what are you saying about my parking??!!!!!

(Mind you, just sorted myself out an Islamic marriage......)

·
Registered
289 Posts
You should be able to adjust the tone and the volume in the MMI in order to get the front and the rear sensors just how you like them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts