Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Im about to Install a blackvue 2 channel dashcam and would like to know if anyone has managed to route the rear camera cable under the roof lining front to back??

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
https://youtu.be/TlAjnSj18iw
Found this on YouTube I hope that it's of some help for you
Yes ive seen that, thats a video for the intergrated reverse camera. Im installing dash cams for recording front and rear. Incidents.

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Installed Thinkware fore and aft on my car.
How did you run the cable to the rear, i ideally want to run it under the roof lining but as the Q5 drops quite a bit at the tailgate ive not been able to work out how to route a fish cable of some sorts from the back to the windscreen?

How did you route yours pal?

Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've just installed a blackvue 650-dw, in my old car it fit perfectly behind the mirror and you barely even noticed it but in the Q5 there is no way to really stealth install it ????

I ended up fitting it to the left of the mirror right at the top of the screen. Not ideal being offset but it seems to work ok ????

I tried to get it closer to the centre but the a actual mirror casing was visible on the video when I did that. You can't see it at all from outside though which is what I wanted.

You can just about see it in this pic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Still Game
4,726 Posts
How did you run the cable to the rear, i ideally want to run it under the roof lining but as the Q5 drops quite a bit at the tailgate ive not been able to work out how to route a fish cable of some sorts from the back to the windscreen?

How did you route yours pal?

Dave
It's was not easy, but with a little patience it is possible. I routed front camera under the headlining and down the pillar to the fuse box. Rear camera is connected to the front camera. Cable goes under headlining all the way to the rear then via the tailgate hinge and under the tailgate trim to the rear camera. Wires are only visible where connected to cameras.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's was not easy, but with a little patience it is possible. I routed front camera under the headlining and down the pillar to the fuse box. Rear camera is connected to the front camera. Cable goes under headlining all the way to the rear then via the tailgate hinge and under the tailgate trim to the rear camera. Wires are only visible where connected to cameras.
Thats how i want to install mine, what did you use to fish the cable front to back and im guessing the direction to route is from the rear forward?

Dave

·
Still Game
4,726 Posts
I started at the front. Unfortunately, I did not take any photos during installation and now cameras are installed there is nothing to see.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi All

Im about to Install a blackvue 2 channel dashcam and would like to know if anyone has managed to route the rear camera cable under the roof lining front to back??

Thanks Dave
I've done a great job with my Blackvue, but i've gone across the tops of the pillars with hardly any cable exposure right into the tail-gate.

Reactions: Ninja21

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Routing the cable to the rear wasn't as hard as I thought, just took out the front interior light panel and sent a fish rod from the back and it went straight across and i just pulled it down from the opening where the interior light panel fit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wiring it in to the drivers side fuse board via fuse tapin's

A - Brown module fuse 7 blue 15a for horn is switched live
C - Red module fuse 3 is lumber control 10a Permanent live.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All done looks good and no cables visible except where they enter the cameras.

Thanks for the help and replys to the thread.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After fitting my Blackvue 2 channel dash cams ive got the following errors on a scan
Under Can Network Gateway module
02256 - Quiescent Current
03041 - Energy Management Active

These are not a major issue at all from what I can gather but are generated because of the Power Magic Pro running in parking mode.

Anyone else using the PMP having these errors?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good morning from Poland,
I need help connecting a driving recorder. What fuse to use so that the camera is not powered after switching off the ignition. Unfortunately, the previously described fuse from the sound signal, even after closing the car to + 12V.
Thank you for your help.
Michal

·
Still Game
4,726 Posts
Well that is where I found a spare live fuse using my own trusty multi tester. Can't recall which one it was. Anyway not the fuse you want. I wanted an always live so I can use parking mode.

PS: Welcome to our forum :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts