Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Audi SQ5 TFSI Quattro
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone either fitted or had fitted, front and rear cameras? I'm in two minds whether to go for it or not, being very conscious of disturbing trim and it possibly not going back as snuggly as it is just now. Is it worth the risk or even the outlay?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have fitted front using next base hard wire kit. Wire easy to push behind trim without having to remove any. Right hand fuse cover pops off and then locate relevant switched supply.

·
Still Game
4,726 Posts
I invested in Thinkware front and rear cameras. I bought from RAC including fitting at home. Great video in poor light and excellent parking mode feature. Paid for itself when a dippy "lady" drove into my car and fled the scene.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I invested in Thinkware front and rear cameras. I bought from RAC including fitting at home. Great video in poor light and excellent parking mode feature. Paid for itself when a dippy "lady" drove into my car and fled the scene.
Thanks I'll check that out, I have seen a video of installation and I would hate to damage the trim or for it to not go back as it should

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have fitted front using next base hard wire kit. Wire easy to push behind trim without having to remove any. Right hand fuse cover pops off and then locate relevant switched supply.
Is there a hole in the bulkhead to get the cable through?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Has anyone either fitted or had fitted, front and rear cameras? I'm in two minds whether to go for it or not, being very conscious of disturbing trim and it possibly not going back as snuggly as it is just now. Is it worth the risk or even the outlay?
I've fitted the Blackvue DR650-GW Front and Rear - powered from diagnostics port. Looks brilliant and you can hardly see any wiring.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’ve fitted Blackvue front and rear in both my Q5s, hard wired to the fuse box and the rear camera cable i routed through the headlining 2 minute job to route far better than running it through the car at floor level

1 - 10 of 10 Posts