Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my SQ5 back in March after months of debate and now have it confirmed it is being built next week (WK23) as one of the first MY14s. I'm changing from a 2006 RS4 which has been a great car so I've been really interested in many of the debates on this forum about people's views of the new SQ5.

This will be my first Diesel and first auto box so it will be a real change for me but judging by most comments it should still be a great car.

My revised (for MY14) spec is

Estoril Blue, Tech Package Advanced, Panoramic Sunroof, Heated Seats - All, Black and SIlver Seat, Silver Headlining, Folding mirrors, Drive Select, Dynamic Steering, Hill Hold, Tyre Pressure indicator, Storage Package, Rear Bench Seat plus, Flat bottom Wheel, Mobile phone low, Load area fixing, Adaptive Headlinghts.

Fingers cross I get it before I go on holiday in July so I can break it in with a good long run

·
Still Game
4,619 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will have a lot more room and see a significant improvement in fuel consumption

·
Registered
700 Posts
Good morning Graham, having had 2 RS4 Cab's then changing to the Q5 now SQ5 i think its a fantastic car great power,fuel and as missile say's plenty of room obviously it doesnt handle like an RS4 but unless your an extreme driver or use it on the track it is a very fast SUV plenty for me anyway
Much more advance the the older RS4's and much more comfort. nice spec you have there all the best and enjoy looking forward to your car its well worth the wait

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Merlin. I suspect I'll miss the RS4 handling and go-cart like cornering but living in Wiltshire I hardly get to use it. Looking forward to that engine, torque, sound, a few more mpg and being able to sling the pushbike on or in the SQ5 and just enjoy the new car. 1 month and counting

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome!

It will be less radical to drive, but certainly pleasing, can tell you that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks .

Just been notified I can pick the car up on Saturday. I can officially get excited now

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Yay - another local owner! If you are up for it I'm doing a photo shot on the evening of 30th June in the New Forest with MerlinV8 on here with his SQ5 - be cool to get 3 in one place!
And you will be welcome to keep any of the shots of course! I'm sure you've already looked but here is some of my work... My SQ5 Photos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yay - another local owner! If you are up for it I'm doing a photo shot on the evening of 30th June in the New Forest with MerlinV8 on here with his SQ5 - be cool to get 3 in one place!
And you will be welcome to keep any of the shots of course! I'm sure you've already looked but here is some of my work... My SQ5 Photos
I'll need to do a little juggling but will see what I can do. Will know nearer the time

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Cool - just PM me if you fancy it - we'll be there either way

·
Registered
700 Posts
Sounds good to me 3 in the shoot, 2 blues and a white would be good- be even better if Missile can get down for the complete Red / White / Blue !!

Reactions: José
1 - 10 of 10 Posts