Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I have MTM M Cantronic module for sale. Q S tuning supplied and fitted it for me, early part of this year. It was fitted to a Q5 3.0tdi s line plus on a 62 plate face lift model. I paid quite a bit for it but i am open to sensible offers. I do not have the box but it comes with the module and wiring loom. I should be able to get a installation manual from Q S Tuning. It takes approx 30 mins to fit and 10 mins to take off.

Reason for selling is that i sold the car last week and bought a SQ5.

·
Registered
417 Posts
out of interest, why didn't you have it re-coded for the sq5 in the end?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
out of interest, why didn't you have it re-coded for the sq5 in the end?
I spoke with Q S Tuning again and they said that it could not be re coded as a different module was required as well as a new loom. From memory a new MTM module etc was about £900.00 plus vat. Coming from the 3.0L tdi to the SQ5 i don't think it needs any extra horses, as currently, everywhere i drive it i am up someones rear before i know it, hehe.

As some of you guys have said, its different beast and it really is a beast. I have had it 2 weeks now and i have to keep making excuses to go out for a drive

·
Registered
159 Posts
What you are saying then is that the sq5 is a lot quicker than the standard 3.0lt with the MTM module fitted.
Yet the 0 to 60 times sq5 5.1 secs standard q5 6.5 secs what would it be with the MTM fitted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What you are saying then is that the sq5 is a lot quicker than the standard 3.0lt with the MTM module fitted.
Yet the 0 to 60 times sq5 5.1 secs standard q5 6.5 secs what would it be with the MTM fitted.
I think i read somewhere it could have been 6.1 secs but for me when i had the 3.0 tdi, the MTM kit made me feel a wee bit closer to having a
SQ5. In the end i thought no matter what you do to it, it is not a SQ5, so i bought one.

The SQ5 has a more aggressive feel to it, where the 3.0 tdi felt a lot calmer in the power delivery even with the MTM kit on it. It must be something to do the sound/ feel and the extra turbo that give it a more aggressive feel. Even the engine just ticking over has a different sound. SQ5Beasty1, carried out some coding work for me on Saturday, many thanks James, and i had to ask him to start his car up just so i could hear how his SQ5 sounded. Its sounded the same as mine but different to my old car.

Many years ago, i had a Audi quattro 1.8 turbo A3 and i had that remapped. In many ways the SQ5 reminds me of the A3, powerful

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Evening all,

I have MTM M Cantronic module for sale. Q S tuning supplied and fitted it for me, early part of this year. It was fitted to a Q5 3.0tdi s line plus on a 62 plate face lift model. I paid quite a bit for it but i am open to sensible offers. I do not have the box but it comes with the module and wiring loom. I should be able to get a installation manual from Q S Tuning. It takes approx 30 mins to fit and 10 mins to take off.

Reason for selling is that i sold the car last week and bought a SQ5.
Merry Christmas To All

I still have the M Cantronic for sale. If anyone wants to make me a offer, i can only say no. I have not put it on flee bay but will give it a try in the new year. As i mentioned above, the reason for selling it, is that i bought a SQ5. Very happy with the SQ5, don't get the chance to drive it much, 2000 miles in 6 months but when i do get the chance, i always take the long way to get anywhere

1 - 10 of 10 Posts