Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone asked the question in another thread but was wondering.......

I have the interior LED light pack.....Is it possible to have the interior footwell LEDs on all the time when it is dark. At present they are activated by the door being opened but do not remain on for long.

They are very subtle and really look really nice as well as practical. My brother in law has an A8 where the interior LEDs can be controlled to stay on, dimmed, etc

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spijun

Thanks for the link however the MMI buttons on my facelift car are different. I have four main buttons....Nav, Tel, Radio and Media with two smaller controls either side of the back button. These are Car and Menu.

Has anyone with a new model activated these footwell lights via the hidden menu?

·
Banned
801 Posts
For MY 2013

To reset (reboot) the MMI in the 2013 you press Menu, the joystick button, and the upper right softkey at the same time. (This is in the manual for the 2013)
To enter the hidden menu you press and hold Menu and Car for roughly 5 seconds. This will only work once you have made the changes in VCDS AND rebooted your MMI.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again.

I am not sufficiently competent to mess around with the Vehicle settings (understatement of the year) so would appreciate any recommendations from others who have done this kind of thing (Leeds / Bradford area)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
yes, i did it on the wifes.
i can set the % from 0 (off) to 100 (on) for the brightness. think we have them on 10% from memory.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, i did it on the wifes.
i can set the % from 0 (off) to 100 (on) for the brightness. think we have them on 10% from memory.
Snowman

Thanks, did you follow the steps Spijun posted or get someone to do it for you + what model year is yours

Thanks

·
Banned
110 Posts
I've done the same on my 2012. Both 2012 and 2013 do still require a VCDS cable to make the change needed to access the hidden menu. The process is quite easy but without the VCDS cable and software can't be done. Spijun's instructions are correct for MY 2013.

Quite a nice feature and worth having it done.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Sorry duplicate post for some reason

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Greg, that explains the VGDS part.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well as usual I am totalling confused. I have a brand new Q5 (Mar 1) and my wife would prefer to have the footwell lights permanently on (same as in our VW Tiguan). Can I just return to the dealership and have them sort this out free of charge?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't understand why people want the footwell lights to be on all the time, am I missing something

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im not that far away, but cant do anything this weekend and the wifes a 2011
Snowman,

Can you PM me if you are able to assist, I am happy to come to you and pay for the service if you're not far away.

What other mods have you done, I'd like the needle sweep also.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yeah needle sweep, battery, oil temp, lap timer - cant remember anymore tbh as it was ages ago.
Np, away right now but will drop you a pm soon.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK,

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
What's a needle swap please?

·
Registered