Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-I'm a bit unsure if my car will arrive with the steering column mounted paddles,I've ordered the s-tronic gearbox with the 2.0 177 diesel SE model,also specified the hill start assist and the low tech pack,added the bose pack as you get DAB included,any help would be great

Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
578 Posts
Most questions asked on here are answered in the brochure:
Standard SE equipment on Automatic models is:
4-spoke multi-function leather
steering wheel (with gear-shift paddles
for automatic models)​

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yup - I have gear paddle on the auto - flicked them a couple of times and have not felt the need to do it again.
Hill Start assist is worth it - but remember to disable it if you are parking.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Paddles are a waste of time unless you have a big petrol engine and really into racing - I've never used them apart from testing, To be honest they are pointless with 8 gears and a 4,000 prm rev limit, you can't keep up with the gearchanges. The only thing they are good for is to force the car into one gear - i.e. if you want to downshift by 2 or 3 gears OR if you are on the motorway and prefer to cruise in 7th rather than 8th.

I had a 2.0T 211 A5 and tried the paddles but just couldn't keep up with it, also the 8 speed box is so refined if you have a 3.0tdi you can't beat it manually.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I also use them to shift up quite a bit as I find the box likes to hang on to the gears a fair while before deciding to change up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts