Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my 2.0 tdi 177 manual s line plus in lava grey with off road wheels just over a week ago now and my first thoughts are:

Looks impressive, LED lights give it character, lava grey suits it - turns heads
Feels 'solid'
Positive gearbox
MMI system seems complicated but once used, it becomes quite intuitive
Stop start odd but works well
MPG good at 42 overall (so far) but still running in (up to 1,000)
Took a while to find the best seat position after cranking the swab up and down, changing the lumber support and the actual height of the base
Powered tailgate can be a help at times but would be happy to lift it myself as it can appear a bit 'showy'
Smooth bonnet can make entering your garage harder to judge without a crease to line the car up with ( only have a single garage)
Wife loves it!
Looking forward to using it over the coming months and becoming more familiar with it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm glad you are enjoying your Q5...

I love my power tailgate...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Bet you don't buy another car without power tailgate!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Wow14 - great points, glad your enjoying it. I'm due to get a 2.0 (177) delivered soon, do you feel it's got enough power and oomph behind it? (bit jealous of all the SQ5 stories!)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hi, good write up. I'm still finding it difficult to line up the bonnet with my garage door. With practice it should become easier (I hope)!

·
Banned
489 Posts
I love my powered tailgate too, although when I first had the car and needed to get into the boot whilst it was in my garage I had to quickly stop the tailgate from opening too far as it was going to hit the back wall! 40+mpg is excellent, my auto manages around 36mpg with stop/start turned off and ADS set to 'auto', so not brilliant. Good summary - any photos?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
With regards to the MPG, I must admit to driving like an old dear at the moment! Once it's nicely run in I may not be so 'delicate' with the throttle!!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I love my powered tailgate too, although when I first had the car and needed to get into the boot whilst it was in my garage I had to quickly stop the tailgate from opening too far as it was going to hit the back wall! 40+mpg is excellent, my auto manages around 36mpg with stop/start turned off and ADS set to 'auto', so not brilliant. Good summary - any photos?
This has been covered in a previous thread but if you need to set the height on the tailgate, this is worth another watch:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Another one here for the power tailgate.

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Glad ur enjoying ,power tail ain't that showey,just a very convenient option 2 have,and wouldn't b without it 😄

·
Banned
289 Posts
I agree with you about the tailgate. I had one on my last car and it did feel a bit showy. On top of that, it was also a bit slow to open and close.

I decided not to select the option on my SQ5.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was skeptical about power tailgate & privacy glass as they were always expensive options on Audi and just seemed to be for posers. My last A6, a car ordered for dealer stock, had both options and I have to say that I got used to them very quickly as did my wife. (The convenience of the tailgate and security aspect of the dark glass.)
When looking at Q5 the fact that S Line Plus spec included the power tailgate and privacy glass as standard was a bonus.
As Rowanlaw says it will be difficult to consider a future estate purchase without it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Glad you're enjoying! many happy miles

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great to hear that you're settling in nicely with the car! The power tailgate IS showy but it is also VERY practical (depending on the car's use).

Stuff like the power tailgate, privacy glass and electric seats are those things that if you get it on one car and you're ordering another, you know what you're missing out on and you can see the bonuses (no matter how small).

Here's to the thousands of miles ahead!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts