Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the car for just over two weeks now and must say it's an absolute joy. It's the first time I have ever had a diesel and can't believe how quiet and refined it is.
Anyway, I managed to give her a decent clean and a coat of Swissvax Mirage last weekend before the winter returned to see how she scrubbed up, here's my first pics

Thanks for looking

Iain

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wish I'd gone for those wheels.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I'd gone for those wheels.
They are a nice looking wheel, but take some cleaning. I decided to take the front right off at the weekend and after a good wash, then a wipe with tar remover, used a clay bar to get them smooth. They already have some pitting (car has done 46k), finished off with a couple of coats of poorboys wheel sealant. It took me about two and half hours in total, hopefully it will be easier next time. Only 3 more to go!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine has the 19's that come standard with the S-line I wanted a bit more tyre because I live down some bumpy lanes and was worried I'd end up damaging the 20's. They do look good though the 20's give the Q5 more presence IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i just came back for a 4hr trip in the q5 with 20" wheels. i am surprised how quiet the ride/tire combo is its nearly silent on smooth roads.....i kept checking my ears to see if they needed to be popped...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts