Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2.0tdi 143 Q5 and the computer has just updated to state that the next service is due in 18,000 miles and the same for the oil change.

18k seems like a long time to leave the car without changing the oil, my previous A5 (petrol) required an oil change every 9,000 miles and a service every 18,000.

Given that I will keep this car for a long time (7 years likely) is it worth getting the oil changed every 10,000 miles anyway?

My friends Seat Leon diesel needed an oil change and inspection after it's first 1,000 miles, suprised Audi are recommending 18k!

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
Hi Kramer,

The car monitors the oil and tells you when it needs changing,your A5 service intervals may of been set different.Your Q5 is probably set up for longlife service intervals.

Rich

·
Registered
240 Posts
When you say that the car monitors the oil, it really just monitors how the car is being driven and then estimates how long the oil should last. Unfortunately it doesn't actually do any oil analysis (which is the best way to tell when to change your oil).

If you don't mind the cost then it can't hurt to change the oil more frequently.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'll have Audi change the oil at 10k, afterall it's only £100 or so and I really do think it will help the longevity of the car. Audi only care about the first 3/5 years of the car but I'm banking on keeping it much longer than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts