Audi Q5 Forum banner

First new car Q5

Tags
options
5K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Ransman 
#1 ·
Hi..

New member.... just ordered my first ever new car a Q5 2.0TDI 150 S Line Plus, Phantom black pearl (though the wife wants me to change to Ice Silver, she says it looks nice with the privacy glass).. Delivery looking like early May..

Been reading forum for a few weeks prior to ordering so thought I'd get involved,,

I've still got a few weeks to finalise my order and was reading that the HHA is a must tick option

Is this as relevant for the manual gearbox?

Do you not just apply electronic handbrake when stopping on a hill then simply pull away as normal with handbrake automatically releasing?

I have opted for interior light package and the bench seat plus, are there any other options that with ownership experience I should be considering?

Also any views on the performance of the 150bhp engine? As I was stretching the finances a bit and decided to move up from S line to to the plus model rather than go for the 177bhp model, Does 27hp make that much of a difference?

Any advice greatly appreciated..

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi and welcome. I'm a fan of the advanced key, rear parking camera and heated seat options. As missile rightly states, it's all down to personal choice.

#4 ·
Hi rear cam is great,but if it's tite on budget u can live with out,advanced key is such a nice lux 2 hav,but heated seats is always a must 4 me ,and it's only an extra bit of £ to have in the back aswell ,ps welcome aboard,don't no wat price diff the 177bhp is,but that xtra bit would b noticeable 😄

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum,

I agree with hector, I love the heated seats, mine are much hotter than any other car I've owned...

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Your comment made me think of this ...

#8 ·
Hi..

New member.... just ordered my first ever new car a Q5 2.0TDI 150 S Line Plus, Phantom black pearl (though the wife wants me to change to Ice Silver, she says it looks nice with the privacy glass).. Delivery looking like early May..

Been reading forum for a few weeks prior to ordering so thought I'd get involved,,

I've still got a few weeks to finalise my order and was reading that the HHA is a must tick option

I was sat behind a Merc the other day in a queue who kept his foot on the footbrake when stopped and his tail lights were very bright - uncomfortably so. HHA would mean you could remove your food from the brake pedal.

You normally need your foot on the brake to activate stop/start though, unless you put it into park, which I do quite frequently even in traffic when stop/start has engaged. I am finding that s/s doesn't work very frequently though in my commute in these cold damp days. HHA would give you that extra choice, even with a manual.

#11 ·
Hi..

Do you not just apply electronic handbrake when stopping on a hill then simply pull away as normal with handbrake automatically releasing?

I have opted for interior light package and the bench seat plus, are there any other options that with ownership experience I should be considering?

Also any views on the performance of the 150bhp engine? As I was stretching the finances a bit and decided to move up from S line to to the plus model rather than go for the 177bhp model, Does 27hp make that much of a difference?

Any advice greatly appreciated..
I agree that the heated seats are worth having with leather which can feel chilly on your rear end on sub zero days particularly as you live north of the border although Ayrshire tends not to be too cold. Unless you have very fussy kids or in laws I would not regard the rear ones as essential though. Storage pack is very useful particularly if you have family and the drawers are great for keeping stuff in. I have had it on all my Audis.
HHA is in my opinion not really required with a manual for the reasons you give unlike an auto which creeps without it. Depending on where you live in Ayrshire and how you drive over to the big city, i.e. Glasgow, sports suspension may be worth ticking if you go the scenic route rather than M8. It is a no cost option.
Other than that S Line + is a pretty good package.
You will enjoy it when it comes.

Reactions: Conchris2
#12 ·
Welcome. Heated seats with leather are a must if you can afford them. Will also help come resale.

#13 ·
Thanks guys... I think I'm going to go for the alcantara/leather option so heated seats not such a necessity.

Was wondering If anybody has regretted opting for the alcantara once they took delivery?

And has anybody been told when selling the car that It Is worth less than full leather?

#15 ·
Your right missile, It's my car after all.... alcantara It is for me...

Any thoughts on the brushed aluminium inlays, I've heard they mark very easily, As I've an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old this might be a problem!!!!

Is there any way of protecting them?

Can they be replaced?

Or will I be better with the piano black finish.(though I prefer look of aluminium). BTW... anybody know what material piano black Is made from?

#16 ·
The alloy inlays mark very easily,I now hav piano and haven't yet had a problem 😄

#17 ·
On my previous car with aluminium inlays I covered them with 3M helicopter tape (not sure why it's called that). Worked out quite well apart from a few air bubbles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.