Tulle to Millau Viaduct
Millau Viaduct to Verdon Gorge
Verdon Gorge to Cannes
Cannes to Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo to Saint Tropez
Saint Tropez to Lyon
Lyon to Calais to Folkestone
Folkestone to Durham

A lot of miles in nine days and what a car. It performed wonderfully and the MMI system took me door to door.
After years of Land Rover ownership I am now an Audi convert.
Also drove the F1 circuit in Monte Carlo.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Fabulous trip, Audi do it so very well, so what kind of fuel economy did you get over the trip?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Plenty of good driving ,glad u enjoyed 😄

Reactions: ?? SQ-BEAST ??

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nice journey.... Great outing!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be quite honest I never checked the economy of the trip. That's not because I'm not interested but I know for sure it was a hell of a lot better than the Discovery 4 that I used to drive. When I first got the Audi I averaged about 39mpg at 75 to 80 mph. On the journey through France I more or less stuck to the speed limits so the economy would have been decent for a 3 litre engine.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hi
I took my new Q5 SE 3.0ltr to the following last month -

Durham to Dover to Calais
Calais to Tulle
Tulle to Millau Viaduct
Millau Viaduct to Verdon Gorge
Verdon Gorge to Cannes
Cannes to Monte Carlo
Monte Carlo to Saint Tropez
Saint Tropez to Lyon
Lyon to Calais to Folkestone
Folkestone to Durham

A lot of miles in nine days and what a car. It performed wonderfully and the MMI system took me door to door.
After years of Land Rover ownership I am now an Audi convert.
Also drove the F1 circuit in Monte Carlo.
Sounds a great drive,
I also live up north, how many miles did the trip put on the clock door to door?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Door to door would have been about 2500 miles. But I can add on extra because I did a bit of touring around Saint Tropez area and the Verdon Canyon. So all in was over 3000 miles.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Door to door would have been about 2500 miles. But I can add on extra because I did a bit of touring around Saint Tropez area and the Verdon Canyon. So all in was over 3000 miles.
A very nice run-in for the car.
Many people say they don't need running in these days, probably true, but I'm old school, I'm up to 800 miles now and driving it as book suggests, not getting up above 3,000 rpm

·
Registered
348 Posts
That looks like a very nice trip on (expensive) French roads... glad you enjoy your car !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the toll roads did start to annoy me but withh the time I had there was a need to use them. I would like to do it again but over a longer period.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts