Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have now covered 1000 miles in the first 2 weeks, can only say Wow, so impressive.

Here's a couple of snaps after her first wash last week

My first thoughts between the S and my previous S Line are as follows:

Things that I miss are the folding mirrors and the sub woofer, the B&O in the S is pretty good but lacks a bit of depth to the base but that's about it.

I've never had cruise before but I'm now loving it. I didn't think it would useful unless the motorway was pretty clear, but it's pretty handy in heavy traffic following the speed of the traffic flow, you just have to be prepared for when the brakes are applied when somebody decides there is a gap to pull into.

Although I haven't got phone prep, I'm pretty chuffed with the standard bluetooth as I didn't have this on the previous car, handy for the odd call.
The sat nav is also an improvement on the previous version.

I haven't done any fuel comparisons yet but the figures on the DIS seem decent on my commute.

The ride on the 21" doesn't seem to be any worse than the 20" on the S Line.

Also, being a bit lower and a complete opposite in colour to the previous car, it doesn't stand out as much, until you select the 'smile' select button.

Which brings me on to 'that' setting. The look of amazement amongst workmates and friends when they hear and experience the acceleration of the beast is superb. It certainly puts a huge smile on my face, I don't think the novelty of the noise will wear off anytime soon.

Cheers for looking

·
Registered
884 Posts
Glad you are enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Glad you're enjoying mate, nice photos!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys. I must find a good location for more pics, sounds like an excuse for more '(smiles)'

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Forest- I am planning to clock up a couple of hundred miles on my new SQ5 this next week- have you followed the gentle running in school of thought or just gone all out ? I am trying to ease her in but it's proving a challenge so keen for input ...?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Forest- I am planning to clock up a couple of hundred miles on my new SQ5 this next week- have you followed the gentle running in school of thought or just gone all out ? I am trying to ease her in but it's proving a challenge so keen for input ...?
Hi, I've just used a bit of common sense without wrapping it up in cotton wool (if that makes sense).
I tend to make sure it's warmed up before giving it too many revs, but there again, the power and torque available low down still gives plenty of smiles.
For some reason, the car seems to go quicker when the auto speed limiter is not sitting in the passenger seat lol, but generally I've done a mixed selection of driving, motorway cruising, round town, and a few pleasure drives. Oh and of course a bit of showing off with friends using the 'smile select' button.

·
Still Game
4,609 Posts
..For some reason, the car seems to go quicker when the auto speed limiter is not sitting in the passenger seat lol,
Must be a standard feature in the SQ5? My auto speed limiter emits a coughing noise which gets louder as the speed increases.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Must be a standard feature in the SQ5? My auto speed limiter emits a coughing noise which gets louder as the speed increases.
I think it is a feature of many cars, or at least all the ones I have owned. In particular it seems to wake up from snoozing very quickly when the rate of progress increases.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the POVs gents- you'll be happy to know that my planned excursions will be solo, so no unwarranted speed limiter warnings expected... Variety when warm seems to be the consensus on running the car in, so this what I'll aim to do!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts