Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly I wasn't driving, but got taken out in one by my dealer.
I have to say I was very impressed. Sounds amazing (which to me is it's big USP), the engine is amazing fast, alomost petrol like when pinned to the floor, but is also a very smooth drive from both engine/transmission and suspension. It is clearly firmly set up, but it rides so smoothly as well (on 20" wheels). I think they really nailed the set up.
Looked lovely in Glacier White.
Really looking forward to getting the wifes now... only 3 months to go...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jamie - Have you got a confirmed build week yet and did you visit our dealer for the test drive?

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Why didn't he let you drive!?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was getting the brakes swapped out on my TT and the SQ5 was sitting outside. Heard one of the sales guys chatting about it and asked for a go. I didn't have my driving licence with me so a pax ride was all I could get. It was enough to keep me satisfied until it arrives.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
Ah - fair enough! Still a while to wait mind! In retrospect it wasn't that long - but during the 4 months it was agonising!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jamie - Have you got a confirmed build week yet and did you visit our dealer for the test drive?
This was just at my local dealer. No confirmed buld week yet, but a mate who ordered one 3 weeks before me just got his in last week of July so looking on track for mid Sept.

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you find the time Jamie pop back with your licence and book a test drive or demo loan, you will love it much better than sat shot gun !! All the best Merlin

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did think to do that... but scratching the itch and having a drive may make the itch worse in the long run if you know what I mean!
I'm reassured I've bought the right car over the Sline 3.0tdi which is the main thing.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Thats for sure- ive had 2 3.0TDI S-line models and the SQ5 is in a different planet never mind league !! , it doesnt do any arm to have one or two demo's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts