Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a 2012 Q5, 2.0, Premium Plus, with panoramic roof. Although I am generally happy with the car, and do believe that it was the best purchase for the price, I do wish the engineers at Audi would have spent... ohhh... I don't know... maybe one hour or two in the past 3 years actually USING their car... they most certainly would have been able to improve it with very obvious minor adjustments. So here goes the list:

1- Stupidly, the "voice command" system for the telephone was delivered with the French commands enables. The English ones do not work. Even stupider, it seems that the voice commands remain in French, although I selected English as the language for the MMI. Does anybody knows how to switch voice control to English..?

2- My contacts are listed as "Last name, first name". Does anybody knows how to change that to be "First name Last name"?

3- When calling my voice mailbox, as you'd imagine, it prompts me for a password. Obviously, I don't want to have to "spell" it each time (especially if I have guests in the car), nor so I want to be rolling the numbers while I am driving, that would be dangerous. I wished I could enter my phone number as "+1-514-555-5555, , 1234#" whereas the commas in the previous example would represent "pauses", so the system waits 2 seconds after dialing, THEN enter the password automatically. This is what was done with modems in the 1990's... Nobody at Audi has thought of that?

If anybody here has the answer to the above questions/problems, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: Removed the question about m3u, I managed to make it work.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Hi,

I just bought a 2012 Q5, 2.0, Premium Plus, with panoramic roof. Although I am generally happy with the car, and do believe that it was the best purchase for the price, I do wish the engineers at Audi would have spent... ohhh... I don't know... maybe one hour or two in the past 3 years actually USING their car... they most certainly would have been able to improve it with very obvious minor adjustments. So here goes the list:

1- Stupidly, the "voice command" system for the telephone was delivered with the French commands enables. The English ones do not work. Even stupider, it seems that the voice commands remain in French, although I selected English as the language for the MMI. Does anybody knows how to switch voice control to English..?

2- My contacts are listed as "Last name, first name". Does anybody knows how to change that to be "First name Last name"?
1.To change the language You have two options: an authorized service center or have a vag-com cable link for instructions:
http://www.audienthu...mTelephone.html

2.I think this is in the settings of your phone by default try to change
For me it was the same when I changed the settings on the phone now is ok

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling that #1 would need to be fixed by the dealer. The worst part is that I had asked them beforehand what were the dealer-customisable options, but the salesperson assured me there were none, despite my insistence. I guess they'll be stuck taking it back and doing the changes.

Regarding the phone book, my contacts are all in Ms Outlook. In Outlook, I already selected to file First Last. Then I synch my outlook with my phone, and I do see them correctly with First Last in my telephone. It is really only in the car that they are reversed....

PS: I had more comments in my original post, but ended having to remove half the post since it was making the site crash...

·
Registered
240 Posts
PS: I had more comments in my original post, but ended having to remove half the post since it was making the site crash...
You're not having much luck with your Q5 experience!

I recommend you look at getting a VAG-COM cable. It is expensive but it will do more for you than simply fixing your language issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts