Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new Q5 from the dealer the other week and the first thing that struck me was bloody hell they have forgotten to fit the tow bar! It is in fact completely concealed and so there is no indication that there is a tow bar when it is fully retracted. A lot of the retractable tow bars still have some of the bar or electrics on show, but the on the Q5 it?s a very tidy bit of kit. You remove a small panel in the rear valance, pull a handle in the boot and the tow bar swings out. Maybe it?s a little pricey, but its worth in my opinion.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd also like a photo. I had my retractable factory tow bar retrofitted and never got any rear panel. They just cut through the plastic and I'm not perfectly happy with the cosmetic result. See attached picture.
It's not a very big issue but I asked my dealer if there was a panel and they told me no so I'm really interested to see how the factory panel is mounted and if there's a chance it would fit my car.
View attachment 223

·
Registered
71 Posts
I went to the dealers today and had a look at a Q5 with the factory tow bar - as bry said it's very nicely concealed. Unfortunately it seems you can't fit the panel to a modified stock rear valance such as mine, but would have to replace the entire part. I was quoted ?1000.- for parts and labour (on top of the ?1400.- I already paid for the tow bar)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts