Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it make sense to take out a 4 or 5 year warranty on a brand new car. Or will each extra year cost the same 3 years down the line?

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
One hopes never to claim on insurance. Some think it is worthwhile to have that extra piece of mind, I don't.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I've got the 5 year version. It all depends on how long you are keeping it. I always intended to keep it beyond 3 years so I bought the warranty. Once the car is registered you can't change your mind and buy it and it's a far better warranty than you will get from an aftermarket warranty company plus it is transferable to a new owner.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I do find it quite obnoxious of Audi to say once the car is registered you can't take out an extended warranty.

I banked the £1400 or whatever it was and will have it as a sluf fund for if the worst happens.

·
Registered
130 Posts
At the time we ordered our Q5 it worked out that if you took the Audi complete service package they threw in the 5 year warranty so it worked out you were only paying about £250 for 3 years servicing and maintenance.

When it came to delivery date they had revised the brochures and Audi complete no longer included the extended warranty. We asked the dealer to make up the shortfall which they agreed to.

Looks like they are now 2 complete items which is a shame. Regarding the warranty, I am sure if you buy at the end of year 3 it will not cost any more. I just purchased upfront to give myself an incentive to keep this car for longer than 3 years (past 4 cars haven't lasted 12 months). Unfortunately the SQ5 is trying to scupper my good intentions

·
Registered
150 Posts
What irritates me with these extended warranties there is no discount for low mileage. For me, the question of whether to take it or not comes down to how many mies you do.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am planning to get mine extended when the original warrant expires but i am thinking SQ5 with ABT tuning and body kit. how do i convince my MRS that this the berst idea ever?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am planning to get mine extended when the original warrant expires but i am thinking SQ5 with ABT tuning and body kit. how do i convince my MRS that this the berst idea ever?
Don't tell her, my wife probably wouldn't notice if I kept the colour and interior the same

·
Registered
522 Posts
Actually Audi offer a 3 year Service Plan which includes the first service plus first MOT for £324. Is this worth it as an MOT costs around £45 but not sure what first service costs any other problems should be taken covered by the 3 year warranty. I suppose if you set up your car for annual servicing it makes sense but variable eg every 2 years maybe not??

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you get your Audi serviced by an approved Audi garage / service centre you get free MOT's for life. It's on there website. I have done it for the last two years. Not sure why they don't advertise it more.

·
Still Game
4,612 Posts
Where on their website? This is all I could find

We know how much your Audi means to you, so why not have it assessed at an Audi Centre by the people who know it best? As a valued Audi owner, you can also benefit from MOT Protection when you pay £49.99 for your MOT test.
The annual MOT test can make even the most cool-headed person a little nervous. Our Audi Trained Technicians are on hand to help make this is as simple and painless as possible for you.
If you choose to have your MOT carried out at an Audi Centre as well as maintain your vehicle in line with the manufacturer's service schedule, you can benefit from an MOT test for £49.99 and receive free MOT protection. This covers you for up to £750 (inc. VAT) against a wide range of repairs, should your Audi fail its MOT*.

·
Registered
503 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Duplicate post.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Actually Audi offer a 3 year Service Plan which includes the first service plus first MOT for £324. Is this worth it as an MOT costs around £45 but not sure what first service costs any other problems should be taken covered by the 3 year warranty. I suppose if you set up your car for annual servicing it makes sense but variable eg every 2 years maybe not??
Any details on this as £324 for 3 years reviving and first mot sound quite good value?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had that for two years, but that offer has now been withdrawn and its been replaced by the £750 contribution to any repairs needed on the following years MOT

http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/maintaining-your-audi/mot-protection.html
Yeah your right, it appears it has been withdrawn to get an MOT on its own. But as you say you pay the £50 for an MOT and get up to £750 including vat for repairs the following year. Or like it was originally you had to keep your car getting serviced by an approved service centre to qualify for your free MOT but now you get a free MOT if you get a service at the same time. So you just have to time your service for the same time for your MOT renewal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts