Audi Q5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
hi folks, i was browsing the latest hot off the press October Q5 brochure and noticed the "Extended Black Styling Package" for £850 - i was pleasantly surprised to see that this includes the rather sporty looking diamond cut black 5 spoke alloys from the SQ5: "21" x 8.5J '5-twin-spoke Star' design alloy wheels in gloss black with a high-gloss finish - PQI*" - these cost £1250 alone! and are not normally an option on the Q5 however they are included in the extended black styling.

isn't she a beauty?!

here is the description of the "Extended Black Styling Package" for £850 which includes £1250 worth of alloys!

Extended Black Styling Package - Package includes; Black Styling Pack consists of black roof rails, black window surrounds, radiator grille frame in gloss black, radiator grille in matt black, number plate and fog light surround in high gloss black. Piano Black inlays, Exterior door mirror housing in High gloss black and 21" x 8.5J '5-twin-spoke Star' design alloy wheels in black. Package only available in combination with following colours: Mythos black, metallic (0E), Ibis white (T9), Daytona grey, pearl effect (6Y), Floret silver, metallic (L5), Suzuka grey, metallic (M1), and Sepang blue, pearl effect (E9). The SQ5 colour, Sepang blue, pearl effect, is available on S line Plus models when ordering this option.

you can see the wheels fitted to the Q5 on page 68 of the latest Q5 brochure with a close up of the wheels above on pager 67 here:

https://www.audi.co....ides/q5-sq5.pdf

or here if this pic works:

seems like an absolute no brainier addition to me when i am trading my Q5 and want a new one to look different - is this something new???

all that for only £850?! bargain!

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I'd still pass.
I just couldn't live with the black pack or the 21s even though i like the style and have it on another car...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would have specced this if it was available when I ordered

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd still pass.
I just couldn't live with the black pack or the 21s even though i like the style and have it on another car...
granted - not to everyone's taste but i want my next Q5 to look different to my current Q5:

i don't have the black styling pack or fancy alloys on any car, but i'd love it on my next Q5 i think it looks amazing and for £850 is a bargain.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would have specced this if it was available when I ordered
only came out this week - i'm glad i didn't order last week!

i also see the 'interior lighting pack' is now the 'LED lighting pack' - this is new to me.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will it be lowered like the SQ5?
21s on the standard Q5 ride height will look a bit odd imo
no mention at all of a change to ride height - although i did see in the brochure they are fitted with lower profile tyres - 40's instead of 55's so maybe that keeps it from looking odd.

·
Registered
Audi SQ5 2015
1,872 Posts
I would have ordered this if it was available at the time. Looks awesome, especially the wheels!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I think it looks good and is good value for money :twoup:By the way Rifleman, like the registration

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
thats a yes 4 me to on that pack ????

·
Registered
185 Posts
does look good, although shame it won't be unique to just the SQ5 anymore.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think it looks good and is good value for money :twoup:By the way Rifleman, like the registration
haha thanks - after devoting most of my life to the regiment it seemed the only option

i'm going to go for the pack because like i said - i need to choose a new Q5 that looks totally different and htis is a bargain for those wheels and the extra blach stuff at that price!

i got my dealer to show me a Sazuka Grey (like in the picture in the catalogue) car today but in all honesty until a white car pulled up beside it - i actually thought it was pure white!

i need to figure out which colour would be complimented best by the 'Extended Black Styling Package' - any ideas (reds and blues are out)?

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
Silver ????

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Silver í ¼í¸²
i just noticed - yours is wrapped in satin grey - got any pics please SQ-Master?

and how good is the wrap, honestly?

from my experience with waterproofing maps in the Army - i cringe when i think of wrapping anything in a plastic cover as our maps sometimes ended up like 3D maps where you could almost feel the land features if we did it badly! lol

·
SQ-MASTER
2,468 Posts
i just noticed - yours is wrapped in satin grey - got any pics please SQ-Master?

and how good is the wrap, honestly?

from my experience with waterproofing maps in the Army - i cringe when i think of wrapping anything in a plastic cover as our maps sometimes ended up like 3D maps where you could almost feel the land features if we did it badly! lol
My SQ was originally black but got bored after a year so had it wrapped satin matte grey, and had all chrome wrapped gloss black and calippere painted red,really good job, hasn't peeled anywhere and cums with a 3 year warranty,I also had the grill wrapped differently,I wanted to keep horizontal chrome bars,here's the link to the work done
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/15329-%f0%9f%88sq5-ultimate-wrap-%b2%f0%9f%88/
????

·
Registered
795 Posts
hey i've just realised - does the grille on the MY16 (2016/16) Q5 (not SQ5) go horizontally now and not vertically as in the pic of this new Q5 with Extended Black Styling Pack?:

compared to my MY14 (63 plate) Q5?:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Rifleman

Thanks for this post. I ordered my q5 last week and apart from ticking off the showroom manager they allowed me to change to this pack. He also confirmed the grill is horizontal like the sq5 grill.

All in all there wasn't much of a price difference as I had optic for the titanium optic finish wheels and black styling pack which added up to just under the price of this pack on my original order. Iv also ordered the 2.0 tfsi 230pps. Can't wait now. Deliver due 1st week Dec whereas it was mid nov.

Worth the wait.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts